6. silver lining

"FOR ANYONE STILL ALIVE ON THIS SUNDAY MORNING-"

"It's Monday, technically," Nancy interjected over Ringo's broadcast, receiving a harsh glare as a result.

"Fine, this Monday morning," she corrected herself, pressing down harshly on the temperamental record button that connected her voice to the airwaves, "this is Radio Ringo's girl's night and I've been playing only music performed by women for the past hour. Of course if anyone has a problem with that, you can respectfully grow up. My name is 'Ringo', you think you've got problems? This is Do You Wanna Touch Me by Joan Jett."

The second her index fingertip lifted from the microphone as another record began to play in place of her voice, the other occupants of the room dissolved into giggles. As she had promised Hopper, Ringo had taken it upon herself to turn the booth into a makeshift den where they had donned their pyjamas and gathered an abundance of candy. The night was originally intended to take El's attention off Mike, even if temporarily, but it turned out to be the girl time she sorely needed.

"How come you didn't let me invite Robin?" Nancy directed towards Jessica with a gasp, suddenly remembering the wide eyes their friend had thrown the Wheeler girl earlier when she suggested inviting their newest addition.

"She was a little weird around me last night, okay?" The brunette shrugged passively, avoiding the direct gazes of all the girls in the room.

"Why?" Nancy probed, tucking her knees into her chest and resting her chin on top.

"I don't know, I guess she finds it weird having a lesbian friend," Jessica rolled her eyes, although the offence was evident in her demeanour. "Last night, she didn't have a ride home because her mom's car broke down so I said she could stay the night and she got really weird. Her face went as red as Harrington's busted-ass eye socket when Billy laid him one, and she started rambling about how she was needed back home to dry the dishes."

There was a beat of silence where Nancy and Ringo met eyes, although it didn't last long when they quickly evaporated into a fit of raucous laughter. Ringo fanned her face as she tried to stop herself and explain the sudden amusement, but every time she attempted to speak it only erupted into another howl.

"Jessica," she finally managed to say, "you dumbass. Robin's a full blown lesbian, she's not homophobic."

"What?" she demanded with wide eyes, eyebrows furrowing as she looked between the two desperately for confirmation. "Why didn't you say anything? I thought she was just another straight girl I was wasting my time thinking about!"

"So you are thinking about her!" Perhaps over-dramatically, Ringo shot up with a finger poised in the air and a wide grin setting upon her lips.

"I'm so confused," El voiced, adorably resting her chin in her hands and looking between the older girls with innocently wide eyes. "What's a full blown lesbian?"