69. mine

read the a/n for an important announcement

I turned around running toward Dad wrapping my arms around him before giving myself into the tears.

I don't understand what really caused the fight- all I know is that.

He didn't feel comfortable- after all this time- he didn't feel like he could tell that to me.

Instead, he tells his enemy.

God he didn't even want me there - what was I doing?

I'm the worst soulmate.

"It's ok I'm sure you'll tell me later," Dad picked me up, setting me down on a bench my face turned toward the night sky.

It's brilliant- it's so unphased by the world around it.

I wish I could be like that- to even be a small portion of it a single star would be magical.

To be a star...

"What do I have that you don't have? What is it?" I could hear Bakugo asking Midoriya.

He sounds so distant.

"You don't see it?" Midoriya muttered weakly, "you have so many things but most importantly you have..." Midoriya trailed off seemingly unable to answer.

I'm too weak to even roll over and look at them.

"Y/N?" Bakugo asked his voice filled with some indescribable emotion.

What?

"Yes you have Y/N," Midoriya sighed.

I'm his most important thing?

I rolled over onto my side facing the both of them my eyes still filled with tears.

Am I?

"Were you really that stupid?" Dad scoffed whacking Bakugo.

Was he- if he didn't trust me with those secrets he didn't trust me with him.

"I don't understand why is Y/N my most important thing?" Bakugo stammered standing up.

I don't either.

"It's because she's always there for you- she will always listen," Midoriya sat up slowly.

Well only if it's important.

"I don't care what the hell you're talking about but don't take your soulmate- my daughter for granted and don't make her feel shitty," Dad barked out scowling at Bakugo. "I will not love you unconditionally I am not your soul father."

I love you Bakugo.

"She loves you unconditionally- you're lucky to have her and she's lucky to have you," Midoriya mumbled staring earnestly at Bakugo.

Thank you for caring about my relationship Midoriya.

"God Y/N I'm so sorry I should've- I should've recognized that earlier," Bakugo rushed over to the bench kneeling in front of it so we were eyelevel.

No don't be sad it's ok.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to see all that- I'm sorry you didn't feel like you could tell me how you felt, and I'm sorry I didn't ask," I blurted out reaching out a hand to touch his face.

I wonder if our relationship would have been any different if you hadn't slapped me.

Maybe if you just gently caressed my face instead.