💥 IX

"I TOLD YOU THAT YOUR SHITTY FRIENDS DIDNT WANT ME HERE..!" kats-- bakugou growled.

the air was heavy and tense in the car and everyone was silent. uraraka was in the very back of the suv by herself, having a quick nap because she was tired, so you didnt want to turn the radio on. izuku, shoto and iida were in the text three seats and you made bakugou sit in the front

"stop," you said, eyes straight ahead, "they do, trust me. now, focus on what snacks you want before we get there."

you heard him grumble something as he turned his gaze towards the window but brushed it off.

"heYY--" izuku squealed, "stop making me so cold!!"

shoto shrugged, "i cant help it. you're on my cold side."

"well turn it off!"

"i can't turn it off, dumbass. you're the one thats always like 'the quirk is apart of you!!1!' so try me bitch."

"will you two quit it?" iida scowled, throwing a spare blanket you had in the car pocket for when you go star gazing at night, "midoriya, take this and shut up."

"iida, you shut up! you're--"

"stop it! all three of you!" you hiseed making them stop their babbling, "you'll wake ochako up!"

you saw bakugou smirk and you used your free hand, the one not on the wheel, to smack him on the thigh.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR?!" he yelled, going wild.

"for being as childish as them," you said, "now shUT UP BEFORE YOU WAKE HER UP--"

"too late."

FUCK

"ochako im so sorry, i know how tired you are..!"

"it's fine, [y/n]," she said groggily and gave a tired smile, "i know you tried for me."

you decided to turn on the radio, tuning into a song by arctic monkeys you always bopped to.

"fucking c r a n k i t " shoto said, causing you to laugh.

you glanced at bakugou, "can you do it? i have to make a turn right now."

"whatever," he said, not moving a muscle. you sighed and was about to reach out for the knob, not a very smart driving move, when he rolled his eyes and turned the volume up for you.

you smiled towards him, whispering, "thank you."

***

"okay yall walmart closes at 10 so we have approximatly thirty minutes," you decleared and you all took off for the snack aisle, screwing around in the process.

there was always such a dufferent atnostphere going to a walmart late at night with your friends, especially right before its about to close. its such a different feeling; the same kind you get while in a car late at night, watching the bright lights through the window, whether it be raining or not, and listening to music.

you loved every minute of it.

the other three--god knows where shoto went--went to the other end of the aisle to grab popcorn, which left you and bakugou.

"so, bakugou--"

"jesus christ, just call me fucking katsuki. i call you [y/n] all the time so whats it gonna hurt?!"

"okay, katsuki... try and have fun tonight. loosen up, will ya?"

he rolled his eyes and began to walk away when you grabbed his wrist, gently pulling him back to make him stop.

it worked.

"they want you here," you said softly. "i know they arent your usual friend group and yeah, i know you get impulsively invited to things--yes, i've seen it dont even try to deny it--but tonight isnt like that. in general it isnt like that.

"we all want you here. even 'deku' who you may think wants to one-up you so bad. he admires you, katsuki, and he's happy you're here tonight. so is iida and uraraka and todoroki and, yeah, me. of course i'm happy you're here; it made tonight ten times better!! let's have fun tonight, all six of us. genuine fun."

your grip was still on his wrist as he stared at you, his jaw working and eyes fluttering across your face.

you half expected him to blow up, to tell you to fuck off and to take him home because he was done with you talking to him like that.

but at the same time you knew he knew you were right. he had a soft side, you'd seen it.

so you weren't all that suprised when his jaw stopped working and his gaze softened a bit as he softly said, "okay."

what suprised you most was when he slipped your grip from his wrist into his hand, intertwining your fingers as he took you to pick out candy.

what you didnt know was that your icyhot best friend was standing around the corner wondering what the fuck was going on with katsuki bakugou.