Kill Me. Thrill Me.

"How's Mr. Saltzman?" Matt asked as Elena and I came from his hospital room.

"Resigned to spending the night in observation. So long as we promise to change the lock on the house. Jenna's with him now." I replied with a small sigh and folded my arms over my chest as Elena buttoned up her coat.

"So I talked to Bonnie earlier. She and her mom are fine." Elena stated and I ran a hand through my hair in frustration as the three of us walked down the hospital hallway. "Have you talked to Caroline?" She asked and Matt sighed.

"Yeah, she's holding it together. Surprisingly, after how close her and her dad are." Matt replied and I took a deep breath.

"Any word on who's behind all of these attacks?" I asked, looking between the two in confusion.

"No. Sheriff Forbes said that there's no real suspects at all." Elena replied and I scoffed as we exited the hospital and looked at Matt.

"How are you with everything? I mean, you keep getting dragged into all this." I pointed out and Matt sighed as we walked towards our cars.

"Honestly? I'm kind of lucky. The only thing I have to worry about for tomorrow is showing up for my shift at the Grill." Matt answered and I gave him a small nod as we stopped in between Elena's car and Matt's truck.

"Thank you for everything today. Really." Elena stated with a small sigh and Matt gave her a smile and nodded.

"You guys get home safe." Matt replied and I gave him a short nod before we went our separate ways. Elena and I walked to her car as she unlocked it and we both got in. We buckled up before she put her keys in the ignition, starting it as Matt backed out of the parking lot behind us and I waved good-bye to him. Elena put the car in reverse and started backing up only to hear a pounding noise come from the back as we hit something. I widened my eyes as she immediately parked the car and got out quickly.

"What the hell was that?" I asked in concern as I got out also and walked to the back of the car only to see nothing. I rose an eyebrow and looked at Elena who furrowed her eyebrows before she turned back toward the driver's side door but Rebekah stood in her way.

"Drive much?" Rebekah asked with a scoff and Elena slowly shook her head, shock taking over her.

"Rebekah—" I started, trying to calm her but she grabbed Elena by her shoulder and pushed her up against the car, making Elena gasp.

"Surprised?" Rebekah asked in amusement down at her. "You drove a dagger through my back, Elena. It hurt." She added angrily, shifting into her teeth and going to plunge them into Elena's neck, making her scream.

"Phesm—" I started but Rebekah was pushed off of Elena and held up against the car by her throat.

"Elijah." Rebekah gasped at him and Elijah narrowed his eyes at his sister.

"Leave." Elijah stated in annoyance at her before letting her go. Rebekah breathed heavily towards him, straightening herself up and Elijah rose an eyebrow at her. "Are you challenging me?" He asked in some amusement, making her narrow her eyes.

"You're pathetic." Rebekah replied emotionlessly before she looked at Elena also. "Both of you." She added in annoyance and vamped away. Elijah furrowed his eyebrows and looked in the direction she vamped to before he turned toward Elena and I.

"Well.. I believe we have a little catching up to do." Elijah said with a small smile and I rose an eyebrow.

-The Next Morning-