25. Two Tests, Four Lines

Ashanti's POV

Trey and I talked til the sun came up.

We both watched the sunrise in awe. No one has ever made me stay up all night talking.

I feel like I could talk to him forever and I could tell him anything and everything.

The sunrise was so beautiful as it illuminated his face.

I stared at him and then he turned to face me doing the same.

"You are just so perfect," he breathed breathlessly.

He moved my hair from my face and planted a kiss on my forehead as he pulled me closer. I was now laying on his chest and I could his heartbeat filling my eardrums.

He smelled so good and I couldn't help but breathe it in.

God, thank you so much for finally giving me the perfect man.

It was so soon to feel so deeply about someone, but it just felt so right.

Now that I have given him a chance and stopped focusing on Lamonte, the world looked a whole lot brighter.

***
3 weeks later...

I wish that I wasn't at work right now and wrapped up in bed with Trey, but we can't always get what we wished for.

I hadn't slept and I was struggling to get the paperwork done, but I drank a whole ton of coffee and I did my best.

We had been getting along really well these past couple of weeks.

If I had been with him instead of Lamonte, I wouldn't have had to get my heart broken over and over again by him.

Finally, it was time to get off.

I breathed a sigh of relief because I could go home and take a nice long bath.

I would never say the words, but no matter how hard I tried, I could never stop loving him. I gave everything to that man and I don't want to forget what we shared.

It may not have been enough for him, but it was more than enough for me.

If I could've went back, I wouldn't change a thing.

But I can't be with someone that doesn't see the value in me and I will eventually forget about him.

I will move on with my life if it is the last thing that I do.

I walked into the house to the pleasant smell of delicious food.

I went into the kitchen to see Ajax and Ana making out. I coughed to interrupt them and they broke away from their kiss.

"Best friend," she said coming over to give me a tight hug.

I hugged her back as she sat in my lap.

"Aye, don't steal my girl," Ajax said as he cooked. "She was my girl before she was your girl," I demanded as I stuck my tongue out at him.

He laughed back at me.

Ajax and I had a good relationship, despite the fact that when I looked at him he reminded me of Lamonte.