xxi. girls night in

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:GIRLS NIGHT IN

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:
GIRLS NIGHT IN

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

WHEN MAX SUGGESTED the three girls have a sleepover, Liz was all for it. El was confused at what exactly a sleepover was but the two girls explained it to her. Max suggested they had it at Liz's since her house was the biggest and they would be able to have Liz's entire basement to themselves but Liz explained that her parents were being extra annoying ever since Steve told them he didn't get into any of the colleges he applied to. Max really didn't want to deal with her brother, so they all decided to have it at El's house.

Max was dancing around the room, using a hairbrush as a microphone, while Liz and El looked at magazines that Max had brought from her house. Liz hadn't really been looking at the magazines, though, as she was too focused on Max and her beautiful singing voice. She didn't understand how this girl was so perfect and didn't even realize it.

Liz watched as Max jumped around, her hair falling across her shoulders and looking slightly messy, yet still perfect. The blue hairbrush was gripped in her hand and she started to sound almost as good as Madonna does when she sang, Angel. Liz couldn't help but notice the lyrics described Max perfectly, at least, to Liz they did. Max winked at her as she sang before noticing El's smiling face as the magazine was opened to a large poster of Ralph Macchio.

Max stopped her singing and set down the blue hairbrush. She chuckled as she kneeled beside El's bed, "Oh, you found Ralph Macchio?"

"Macchio?"

"Yeah, he's the Karate Kid," Max nods, surprised that El didn't know. Max then did a karate chop which made all three girls laugh. "Hai-yah!"

"That is one of Max's favorite movies," Liz informs El. She then smirks, "I don't think Max likes it for the story, though..."

Max's eyes widened and she slapped Liz's thigh lightly, "Shut up! I like the story, I just... maybe like Ralph Macchio more." Max turns to El. "He's so hot, right? I bet he's an amazing kisser, too."

"Ew, Max," Liz chuckles, shaking her head.

"What?" Max questions, looking between Liz and El who both had similar expressions of shock on their faces. "You guys never think about that?" El just shakes her head and Max looks to Liz. "Come on, Liz. You see a guy as hot as him and don't think about his kissing abilities?"

Liz shakes her head, "Not his."

"Okay, then who's?" Max asks curiously.