Chapter 47 <Magnus>

My head throbbed as my eyes peeled open slowly. We got into the building quickly, but we had to set camp for a moment so we could rest. Mostly the people who had gotten injured. I was one of them, shot in the shoulder. It was an easy fix for someone with abilities like mine, if just took a lot of energy from my well being. Silas and I had to heal plenty of people since we had already reached the beginning of their underground base. It was rather hard to pin point in such a strange warehouse. But we managed to find the iron door which was only guarded by a single man. A single man who was also trained to kill multiple people.

He reminded me of six skill wise but the kid took him down after maybe a couple minutes of fighting. Adam and Silas were proud to say the least. Praising the kid and coaxing him into a calm mental state. We managed to get through the iron door with six using the dead mans face as a key to the door. Quite literally, he held the dismembered head up to the face scanner and we were in. Now we were laying low in a room which was locked.

"I can't keep sitting like this," I whispered gruffly, pinching the bridge of my nose. "I need to get to him. Fucking hell, who knows what they've done to him by now." Adam reached over, holding my shoulder tightly, a dark look in his eyes.

"We're going to get to him, Mag," He grumbled. "Rushing in right now isn't the best idea. You're gonna get yourself captured as well and then what? They'll make you watch Esmeralda suffer...or the other way around." I let out a irritated sigh and looked around slowly.

"I hate that you're right," I growled, rubbing my temples with annoyance. Adam chuckled a bit and sighed.

"That's what my husband says all the time, ain't that right baby boy," He looked over at six to wink. Six slowly looked over at him and narrowed his eyes. "...Never mind, forget I said that." Six rolled his eyes and looked away. I slowly got up at sighed, walking over to the door to peek out slightly. The hall was empty right now but we still had to be cautious.

"If you want, I could head out here and see exactly what we're up against," Six volunteered, turning to me. I looked at him and shook my head as Adam seethed at his little one.

"No, bad idea," He muttered with distaste. Six looked back over at him.

"Have I ever gotten caught?" Six asked suddenly. Adam blinked before growling.

"Don't you dare start," Adam growled, holding his chin gently. "They could hurt you—"

"I'm not just a human with no abilities, Adam," Six whispered harshly. "I'm powerful enough to defend myself. Your entire formation of men and their families are still terrified of me. Let me do something for that poor kid. For your friend at least." He held a strong look with the devil beside me. I frowned a bit, not really use to seeing them with such conflict. Adam finally sighed a sigh of giving in. Six took that as it was and stood, crossing his arms.

"Wait," I said. "Let me go with you."

"You aren't rested enough," Six scolded like a mother which caused me to release a deep chuckle. I stood and stretched.

"When it comes to my mate, I'm definitely rested enough," I said before looking at Adam. "I'll make sure he's safe and doesn't get hurt." Adam gave me a look of appreciation and nodded. "Don't get caught it you're screwed. Remember what I said," Adam hummed. I nodded and rolled my eyes.

"Try not to be heavy on your feet," Six said bluntly, walking silently to the door. I tilted my head and smirked, thinking of a quick spell in my mind.

"Don't worry, you won't even notice I'm there." And with that, we carefully stepped out into the hall with caution.

As we walked carefully through the building, six held a gun tightly in his hand and a knife in the other. While I had nothing. I didn't need weapons like those and I'm sure six has killed plenty of people with his bare hands. Really, I think we were just fine on our own despite what Adam said. I wasn't saying that just to be cocky, I said that from experience. I point stood its ground as six stopped me from walking, listening quietly. This boy was a force to be reckoned with just in his human body. I imagine his actual form was probably 10 times of what he was like usually.

"Shush," Six whispered, tilting his head. I didn't say anything but I listened closely anyway. Footsteps echoed down the hall growing closer. "One person, only one." Six mumbled, putting his gun and knife away. My eyes moved up to look at the camera above us. The cameras were shut off already, I noticed that a while ago. When I looked back down the hall I was shocked to see a tan women looking to be in her late forties running down the hall in a frantic hurry. She stopped suddenly when she spotted us and froze. Six and I both seemed to examine her.

"Who are you?" Six demanded with narrowed eyes. She looked between us.

"I could ask both of you the same question...but that would be stupid of me. You're here for Esmeralda, aren't you?" She asked softly. I tensed and bared my teeth at her.

"How do you know him!" I snarled, taking a intimidating step forward. She stood her ground before her look turned tender.

"I practically raised that boy with the rest of the maids..." She intertwines her fingers at her stomach. "You both must come with me to get to him. My friend has him right now, he's weak...and I'm afraid there's something you need to know. But only from his mouth," She mumbled. Six narrowed his eyes at her.

"Let's follow her." He said. I blinked in surprise.

"You trust her?" I asked with shock, following as he began to close the distance between us and her.

"I don't. But what other chance do we have at finding him in this mess of a place," Six scoffed. The woman smirked a bit.

"He's smart," She sighed. "You're Magnus?" She arches an eyebrow at me.

"Um...yeah..." I grumbled. "How do you—"

"Esme won't stop asking for you," She said, turning away and begging to walk back. I blinked and frowned, guilt hitting me right in the chest. When I get to him, I'm going to hold him tightly. And then I'm going to destroy those sons of bitches for good.