Chapter 55: Poison and Blood

Author's Note:

If you think you already know everything, then you better think again. ;) - well, this is about the revelations.

It was 2014 when I first wrote Saudade and I was really thankful to all the readers who gave support and encouragement for me to continue this work. I remembered those times when I was struggling to find a cover for this story, and I was glad to have readers who are willing to share their talents. I'll be forever grateful to Hime Zarla Quirao for letting me use her art as the cover for Saudade. You will always have a place in these pirates' heart.And now that it's going to be five years already since I wrote it, I decided to pick a new cover from 2019 talented readers who wanted to share their art. And this time, I'd like to use Jeyne Riego Torrealba's entry as the cover for Saudade. I also want to show my gratitude to the readers who showed their talent and shared their Saudade covers. You have no idea of the difficulty I had been through in choosing the final cover because your works are really great; you guys are really awesome! Please continue nurturing your talent because there's really so much potential in you. You're still young and you have a lot of time ahead of you - so learn more and share your God-given skills.

Well, I think I'm blabbering too much now, so please enjoy this chapter and write me your insights. ;)

- Siel Alstreim

Betray my own blood or embrace my bloodline.

What would you do if you find out that you're the wicked witch in your own fairy tale? Are you going to stay in the castle and pretend that you're a pure, kindhearted princess? Or let the curse run in your veins and unleash evil in the rising kingdom? Whatever path I was going to choose, I still have to put my blood on it; whatever decision I was going to make, it would still come with an understandable reason. It felt like a sick dream at first and I was expecting to be jolted awake in my own room in the East Castle. But when the night came, I realized that it wasn't just a nightmare that resulted from a bad day. It was the painful truth that struck me like a bomb because I had believed in lies for a long time. I had been living in lies throughout my life.

I was deep with my thoughts that I didn't notice Cecilia entering the room. She was holding gowns in her arms and somehow, it gave me the same feeling like when we were still in the Pirate City and she was helping me to get dressed. I wondered what she was thinking that time, serving the woman whose blood had killed her masters.

She laid the dresses on the bed; there were actually two of them: one was an off-shouldered red gown that would show my cleavage and my arms, and the other one was a golden evening dress which neckline had gone lower to the middle of my stomach and would show most part of my breast and the skin of my back - one wrong move and I was afraid it would show my crowns. So, leaving me with no other choice, I picked the red number.

"Not in the mood for gold, my lady?" she asked casually as she helped me wear the dress.