Chapter 53

Sorry if this chapter a lil sloppy. I ain't proof read.
***
Cassie Davis
11:25am, Saturday
I woke up to the sound of two loud ass people screaming at the top of their lungs. I preferred the sound of Saints basketball hitting the pavement but this weekend he wasn't at his moms. This was the first Saturday I haven't heard his basketball outside and I missed it already.

I hopped out of bed, walking into the kitchen where Sydney and Kai argued over the last pancake. Wade didn't bother to stop them and my mom stood there stupidly grinning at them.

"Good morning." I huffed, rubbing my eyes.

"It's about time." Wade commented.

I rolled my eyes, looking over at my mom. She avoided eye contact with me, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Is there no more pancakes?" I asked.

"I'm sorry Cass. No more." My mom shrugged. "We pretty much ate all of them. Especially my big man over there."

Wade acknowledged my moms comment, smiling and waving at her with a mouth full of food.

"What about Christin? Did Christin get any?" I asked.

"No, she went out to go and get something." My mom shrugged.

I took a deep breath, leaving the kitchen. I was going to call Lisa today and see what she was doing. I could already tell home wasn't the place to be right now. I walked back to my room, grabbing my phone from its charger.

I dialed Lisa's number, holding the phone to my face. It rang and she picked up.

"Hello." I sighed.

"Yeah. What happen?" She asked.

"You wanna hang out today?" I asked.

"Yeah. I was coming over anyways to help you look for a job ASAP." She explained.

"Okay good. I'll start getting ready." I yawned.

"Okay bye." She said.

"Bye." I smiled, happy that my best friend and were going to spend some time together.

I put my phone back on the charger, grabbing my towel from it's rack. I was finally hanging out with my best friend after a while. We both have been busy. With my cheerleading practice and hanging out with Saint, the only time we spent together was in school.

Today was just going to be a girls day out.

I hopped in the shower, washing my hair and the rest of my body. Getting out, I picked out the clothes I was going to wear today and dried myself off.

After moisturizing, getting dressed, and putting on perfume, I grabbed my purse and headed towards the living room.

Wade and my mom had been in there watching tv. He had his feet on the coffee table and wore nothing but his boxers.

"Where you going?" He asked, scratching his forehead.

"Ma you really gone let him question me like that?" I asked.

"Well Cassie...where are you going?" She questioned, backing him up.

"I'm going out with Lisa today." I answered.

"What time you gone be back?" Wade asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged, taking a seat on the other couch.

"What do you mean you don't know?" He asked, obviously upset by my response.

"Meaning I don't know..." I answered. "Why so many questions for someone who's not my father?"