Chapter Nineteen

I just want to say sorry for the long wait on this chapter but i did indeed make it longer to make it up tp y'all. Also anyone recommend any songs that i could start adding to these chapters? Just comment some here if you have any suggestions. Also this chapter will be going back & forth between Cassie and Noah's pov.
Enjoy & as usual like + comment, love y'all :))
_________________________

Cassie:

"Go out the back" i rush my words.

"What... why? Josh breaths."I don't understand"

"Please.. just hurry, it's john" i whisper loud enough for him to hear.

Josh forms an 'o' shape from his mouth as realisation hits him. Josh was never a big fan of John, John was always so rude towards him whenever i brang him over when we were younger and if John sees me with a boy inside our- his house, god knows what he would do to me or worse him.

My step- John is back from his business trip, why couldn't he just go away forever? The sound of the front door slamming shut and hard footsteps fill the atmosphere of the large house.
I've managed to reach my bedroom locking the door behind me while Josh messages  me letting me know he made it out and is now waiting for an uber down the street.

I huff out a breath I didn't even know i was holding in and slump over my queen sized bed. I listen closely as John makes his way up the stairs with a female voice following him which  surprises me. Their laughter fills the halls and their harsh footsteps find their way to Johns room. The sound of his bedroom door slamming shut reliefs me.

He has a lady friend with him. Is this why he hasn't been visiting my bedroom in a while? I'm more than grateful he met someone, this means less hell for me but the stinging feeling in my chest increases, how am i going to face him tomorrow knowing what he's done to my mother? Am i gonna let him get away with it just like him raping me? Or am I actually going to do something for a change? I don't have a clue. As much as i want too, the fear seems to always take over. If he's capable of killing my mother, the possibility of me opening my mouth will only put my own life in jeopardy, or worse my friends. He's threatened me before using Kalani against me, that thought alone is more than frightening.

My thoughts spiral in fear and confusion.my head aches in pain from all this intense thinking, I need to get some rest.In my exact position i close my eyes shut, forcing myself to sleep. With the hope of my life is all nothing but a nightmare, reality always seems to bite back at me. Yet some how my dreams flood of Noah.

***

I'm waken up by the smell of fresh eggs, steaming bacon and a hint of burning I'm guessing from the Toast. John is cooking? That's impossible he'd usually call me to cook for him, or maybe he hired another maid. Who knows.

I stretch my body out causing myself to fall of my soft bed and onto the hard wood floor. Ouch. I get up hastily, when my feet touch the cold floor, goose bumps pop up all over my body. I enter my bathroom to wash the sleep from my face and brush my teeth. I look around my room and immediately begin to hate it. The once charming brick wall has been stained from blood too many times to count from when i tired to resist John which leads me to bleeding, The books on my shelves have been witnesses to Johns assaults against me, the pages have soaked up many tears coming from me. A image of John first entering my room is imprinted on the hard wood floor. This room and place is no longer the treasure to me it once was, these walls now hold memories of sadness and betrayal, Not only John's, but Lilith as well.

My stomach begins to grumble egging me away from my dark thoughts and the smell off freshly cooked food filling the house urges my mouth stomach more. My throat is lined with sandpaper and aches for water making me scurry down the stairs reaching the kitchen.