Chapter 7 - Calm Down

Catherine Ashton

First day of work.

My grandpa got me a secretary that will be helping with all my works just like my old occupation. He introduced me to her and her name is, Tiffany Brooks. She told me that I can call her Tiff.

She led me to my office and told me a lot of things about the company that I should know. She's been working with my company for 3 years and that's why my grandpa decided to assign her for me.

I looked around the company to get to know everyone who's working with me and get to know the meeting rooms and etc. I'm a little nervous though but I think I can do it. I need to continue my family's legacy and this is the only thing that I can do.

Tonight, I will be taking a flight to Toronto with my grandpa to go to the William's charity event. The charity events are for cancer patients that need help financially. They will have a brunch event and it's a garden charity event so after this I will go shopping to find a dress.

My grandpa told me that I will be start officially working next week, he wanted me to get to know the office first and my role so he said he wants me to adapt to my old life first after living as a poor secretary in New York, that's what my grandfather said.

I walked towards my dad's office and knocked on his door. He told me to come in and he smiled when he saw me wearing work attire and just be here in LA. He gestured me to sit down.

"What do you want to drink?" He asked.

"Ice Americano would be nice." I said and he told his secretary, Steve, to buy us Starbucks.

"You know.. I'm happy that you're back, Catherine. It's been a long time since I've seen the original Catherine." He said as he put down his glasses and looked at me.

"Yeah, I guess me too."

"We've missed you, especially your mom. No more working in New York as a secretary, pumpkin." He said and I nodded.

"So I heard that your grandpa will take you to Toronto tonight to see the Williams again, I'm guessing you like him?" He asked in a careful tone.

"I don't know, we just met yesterday. I mean his first impression wasn't bad. It's too early to say that I like him, dad." I said.

"I'm sorry for letting your grandpa arrange this, it's out of my control."

"It's fine, I understand." I said and he smiled.

"So.. how's the office? Do you like it?" He asked excitedly.

"Yeah I love it, thanks Dad."

"What time will you leave?" He asked.

"Uhmm around 7ish, I want to stop by at the mall before that." I said and after that he started to talk about business related topic. He told me about the meeting that will be held next week and he wanted me to attend it. After that, Steve gave me my coffee and I decided to go to the mall.

Fred drove me to the mall and I told Tiff to take my luggage at my house because I don't think I have time to go back to the house to take it after shopping. I walked around the mall to find a dress for tomorrow but it's damn hard.

I walked around the mall for 3 hours and at last I found the perfect dress. I checked the time and it's the perfect time to go to the airport because my grandpa already texting me where the hell I am now. I quickly called Fred to wait for me at the lobby.

I got into the car and he drove me to the airport. Tiff was sitting beside me asking me if I need anything or if she wanted me to add some schedules into my agenda. She already got my luggage back at home and they dropped me at the airport.

The airlines staff came to pick me up because my grandpa clearly got us a first class flight. I texted my grandpa that I'm at the airport already and he told me that he's waiting for me at the lounge.

The staff helped me check in and they led me to the lounge so I can have my dinner. I saw my grandpa and he's currently eating a mushroom soup.

"Hey grandpa." I said as I sat in front of him. The waiter gave me the menu and I looked at it.

"Where were you? Why are you late?" He asked.

"I was looking for a dress for tomorrow, I don't have a garden theme dress." I said and I turned to the waiter ordering sushi and a cheese cake.

"How's the new office? Do you like it?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I love it."

"Good."

"You know, I've been thinking.. if you're arrange me with Jacob, I should move to Toronto right? What's the pointing of me moving to-"

"Catherine, I get that you're smart but me and Joseph already talked about it. The Williams have been planning to move the company to LA for years now so.. you don't have to worry about it." He said and I looked at him disbelief.

"I can't believe that you're doing this to me." I said and he chuckled.

"Oh.. you'll thank me later, Catherine."

"I don't think so.." I said confidently.

"Wow.. why is that? I mean me and your grandma were arranged at some point." He said and I shook my head.

"I don't believe that, she told me about your love story and she said nothing about arrange marriage." I said as I raised my hand to call the waiter.

"Nah.. she lied." I can't believe my grandpa for saying that. He loves my grandma so much that his condition went so down after she passed away.

"What if this arrangement doesn't work?" I asked and the waiter came at the same time, "Can I have wine please?" I asked the waiter.

"It will work." He said confidently and I facepalmed myself.

"You need to calm down, Catherine. Let it go with the flow.. you worried too much." He said and I sighed nodding weakly.