Dragon or Not

Casimir gazed into the woman's warm and lovely eyes that held undeniable love for the child sleeping on her bed and felt himself fall in love with her all over again.

This kind soul was too mesmerizing, too pure to be tainted and too beautiful that sometimes, it scared him that he might eventually break her.

But she wasn't as fragile as he thought she was. His wife was one of the most bravest and strongest person he knew and he was damn proud of her.

Drowning in his overflowing love for her, he dipped his head and placed a soft kiss on her lips and whispered,

"We are a family. We might not be tied by blood but he's our son. No matter what anyone says, dragon or not, Heise will always be our firstborn."

Adira smiled at the reassuring and firm finality in Casimir's voice and wrapped her arms around his torso as she whispered her gratitude.

Meeting—umm—bumping into him, getting engaged with him and falling in love with him were the best decisions Adira made in her second life. At first she was scared that she would eventually fall for Triton all over again and walk down the same life again.

But Casimir changed it all. From the moment she first met him to when she eventually fell for him, he had changed her life drastically.

"Thank you, Casey. For being Heise's father and for being my fiancee."

"I'll ultimately be your husband though. So shouldn't you start calling me as one, my wife?"

Adira smiled sweetly and just when Casimir was expecting her to give in to his teasing, she lightly kissed him on his lips and said,

"Maybe after we're married, your highness. So you'll have something to look forward to."

...

The king, Anastasius, returned the next day and found Adira, of course with Casimir beside her, and immediately felt joy overflow in his heart. The girl had become like his real daughter now—well, it eventually will given that it's Casimir we're talking about here.

He approached them and the girl curtseyed low in respect.

"Greetings, your majesty." She greeted before straightening her posture and was engulfed in a warm embrace.

"It's great to see you up already child. It really is great."

Adira smiled warmly as she always felt the king resembled her father sometimes and thanked him wholeheartedly. Casimir, reaching his limit of allowing anyone to touch his wife, pulled Adira back.

"Really, you don't change at all, Casimir."

"Hello, Father." He greeted briefly.

"Your majesty, although you just came back, I'm sorry but I won't linger long. I want to return home as soon as possible."

Adira expressed her regret about departing as soon as the king returned but she didn't have much choice. She and Casimir already talked about it and the latter didn't argue.

"Oh! About that! There's nothing to worry about! Actually—" Anastasius started and halfway turned to point at something before he was interrupted by a child calling his mother and dashing towards their way.

"Mommy!"

Anastasius' eyes widened in surprise as he watched the child leap into the girl's arms while the latter automatically opened her arms to receive him—naturally. And that's not all! Even his son, Casimir, opened his and took him off the girl's arms and up to his shoulders.

"Mo-Mommy?! What the hell?!!"

A man's surprised cry rang so loud and successfully attracted everyone's attention towards him. He was just a few steps away from the king and this is what he sees the moment he catches up to him?!

He learns his daughter and her bastard fiancee had a child?! When?!!

"Fa-Father!!!" Adira exclaimed, completely oblivious of the man's rumbling dangerous aura, and dove into her father's arms.

She really missed him too.

"My sweet angel. Welcome back." And just like with Casimir, he abruptly cools down when she hugs him.

Silfor returned Adira's embrace with a tight one. It had felt so long since he last saw her as healthy and as lively as this. He really feared that she might not ever wake up again but he believed in his strong and brave daughter.

"Dearest, this is just perfect. I've come to take you home and I'm annulling your engagement with the prince." Silfor suddenly announced that floored everyone present. Most especially Casimir and Adira.

"Bu-But Father... Why?"

"Just—"

"Are you my Mommy's daddy?" A tiny voice interrupted Silfor and he looked down to see cute sapphire orbs looking up to him with wonder and excitement.

"Yes baby. It's your grandfather. Father, this is Heise." Adira informed Heise the right way to call Silfor and introduced the child to her father while she was at it.

"Grandfather!" Heise cheered and grabbed the hard-hearted and cold Duke Sylveris' hand, who couldn't resist the child's charms and immediately forgot what he wanted to say as he melted against Heise's cuteness.

"Dear Lord! Such a cute child~~" Silfor cooed and rubbed Heise's cute chubby cheeks—drunk from Heise's adorableness!

Good job, son.

"Wow, Casey. Nice play. I didn't think you'd use Heise like that." Adira whispered as she watched her father happily play with Heise as he tossed the child lightly in the air and the latter giggled happily.

And Casimir just shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. He'd do whatever it took to keep Adira and the family that she dreamed of in his hands. No one can ever take it away from him.

Not even his own Father or his soon-to-be Father-in-law.

"Look at your cuteness! You really look like my baby girl when she was your age!" Silfor rambled, feeling extreme happiness coursing through his nerves and making him forget his gripe and his concern.

And Heise, who was complimented that he looked like his mother, couldn't be more happier while reddish tints coated his cheeks. It was, by far, the best compliment he received.

While Anastasius stared at his firm and cold friend come undone as soon as the child called him grandfather.

Really! He turns idiotic when it concerns his family!

Anastasius grumbled inside his head as he looked at Silfor with mockery and scoffed.

What's so good about a child that looked like Casimir when he's silent?

Heise, who noticed the king didn't have a good impression of him when he met his eye as he reluctantly sat on his father's shoulders a while ago, turned to him with a beaming smile.

And another heart fell prey to this sly dragon who knows how to play his cards right.

It was better to be sure that no one tries to break his mother and father apart. Not that he really liked his father but his mother did, so he needs to keep him around.

Then Anastasius joined Silfor in fussing and being an idiot over their grandchild.

Wait. They do know I didn't give birth to Heise, right?

Notes:
Hi! If you noticed, there was redundancy in one of the adjectives that described Adira and that was on purpose. Lol! I wanted to make it that Casimir thought very highly of her. Hence, the redundancy.

But anyway, thank you for the flood comments that I enjoyed so much and the votes! Oh! As well as those that followed me! Such a great honor guys! Love you so muuuuch! ❤️ We are also a little ways to 9K! Yaaay! Banzaaaai! 🎉