Chapter Seven

Isabella walked into Liam's office while he was on the phone. They arrived back from the dinner just a few minutes ago and already Liam was down to business. The man was practically married to his work.

After the speeches, the dinner followed and Isabella was rather stunned by how many people wanted to sit next to her. She spoke more than she ate and at the end of every course, she discovered, the waiters removed her plate just after two or three spoons. She didn't mind then because she was still baffled by the attention she got and she rather enjoyed it. It kept her focus on something else other than on a dark, sinfully handsome man on the other side of the table.

Well, eating too little wasn't a problem then but when they got back, she found herself starved! With Abe gone for the night, she didn't have much option for a late night snack other than Liam's favourite and always available coffee ice-cream. Picking the tub from the kitchen and two spoons, she made her way to Liam's office and shut the door quietly before settling in front of his desk without him noticing her presence.

"I need that report by tomorrow morning, not later than ten o'clock." Liam stated on the phone. "And schedule my meeting with Reed later on in the afternoon...after lunch then. And don't forget to cancel my interview with Mr. Hart. Schedule him for Friday morning...."

Isabella popped the ice-cream loudly enough to catch his attention. Liam turned to her and a little frown appeared on his face. Isabella raised her eyebrows innocently and shrugged as she swallowed down a spoonful of ice-cream.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. Good night." He hung up. "Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?"

She shrugged again. "I can't sleep on an empty stomach." she held out a spoon to him.

Liam accept it and Isabella felt her heart jump. This was a step towards her plan. If Liam Vergil had a game plan to get what he wanted, officially, so did she. She pushed the tub of ice-cream to the center of the large mahogany desk.

"I think there are some left overs in the fridge...you know--like real food." Liam eyed her for a moment before he scooped a spoonful of ice cream and gulped it down.

"What's fun about eating real food when you can get that one thing that you are not allowed to take after hours?" She grinned wickedly.

She watched as Liam's eyes darkened. The thrill that shot through her was horrifying. She wasn't the type of person tempt the a man but she was tired of everyone making excuses for her for being naive. She wasn't a child anymore and one thing for sure was that she knew what she wanted.

"You should go to bed, Belle." Liam eyed her lazily.

Isabella couldn't help but take Liam's appearance in. His dark hair was sexily tousled and he had a dark shadow of beard on his chin. He didn't look in the least shabby, just all the more appealing. His lips were moist and they reminded her of that little slice of heaven she tasted just a few days before. What would he do if she leaned over and kissed him? Would he shove her away or would he take her deep into his embrace and lazily explore her mouth again?

"Tell me I'm not the only one feeling this Liam. Tell me I'm not crazy." She whispered almost to herself but the sudden change in the atmosphere of the room told her Liam heard her loud and clear.

"Belle--"

"I'm always your Belle. I've always been and it is the most amazing thing to have someone like you to look after me. The excuse you had when I was younger was that it was because I needed a guardian but now I'm old enough to take care of myself and I can move out whenever I want--why are you still in my life, Liam?" She frowned slightly. "I must have been a burden for you all this time yet, here we are after ten years and you still are in my life."