26

Lexi's POV:

After a very uneasy, sleepless night I'm woken up by my mom screaming at me as she barges into my bedroom.

"Alexis!!!! What are you doing?! You should be at the school!" She yells.

I jump up, throwing my sheets and gasping for air. I was up until at least four this morning, so it's no surprise that I overslept.

"I- shit." I mutter.

"Get up! And watch your mouth!" She continues and leaves my bedroom.

I slide into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, rushing like crazy. Our graduation run-through starts in ten minutes, and my school does not take it lightly.

I glance at my phone and see a few notifications form Evan.

Lexi, you're late.

You've missed the class photo.

Hello?!?

I disregard the messages, already aware that I fucked up.

I run down the stairs with my keys in my hand and out the door, trying to make it to the stadium in time.

When I arrive I take off towards the field where my classmates are gathered, forgetting all about the drama that's been surrounding me recently.

"Brewer. You're late. Take your seat!" My principal yells through a megaphone.

I tuck my head and head towards the third row and find the empty seat. My cheeks get hot at all of the attention on me, and it doesn't help that Evan is staring too and some, if not all, of my classmates could know that I'm screwing her at this point.

I have no idea if Katie has told anyone what she knows, or thinks she knows, and that part is what stresses me out the most.

I slither between the rows and sit quietly, listening to the principal as he gets started on the do's and don'ts of the graduation ceremony.

I let my eyes carry over to the staff that is participating in the ceremony and Evan catches my eye instantly.

She's got a ball cap on, her hair is in a low, messy bun and from what I can see, no make-up.

I bite my cheek and keep staring, not even realizing it.

"Lexi?" The person beside me mutters.

I snap my eyes that way and pretend I wasn't just eye-fucking Mrs. Copeland. "Yeah?"

"Katie was looking for your earlier." The student beside me says.

I nod and turn around, glancing over the heads of my peers to find Katie towards the back row.

Thank god our last names start with different letters.

She eyes me hard, and I don't shy away. I shrug my shoulders and shake my head at her and her brows raise in response.

"Brewer!!" My name is shouted through the megaphone again and I stand up.

Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but something takes over my body and my voice. "What the fuck is it, Katie?" I yell.

The entire senior class looks at me, and the staff does too.

I throw my hands in the air and Katie smirks devilishly. Her arms fold over her chest and she remains calm and sitting, making me appear a bit crazy and dramatic I suppose.

"That's it. I've had it with you, Brewer. Get out." The principal demands.

I roll my eyes and exit the row, leaving the crowd and storming towards the parking lot.