Thirty Seven

Ha-Na stared at the pink bunny sitting a top of the pillows of the bed. It remained untouched since this morning, she had forgotten to take it into her arms the night prior, due to the fact that Jungkook was there. Conflict swirled around in her head like a storm- should she take it with her?

The woman remained alone in the bedroom. Jungkook was gone, the others were afraid of approaching her because of what happened earlier in the day. Just like before, she was all alone. Her heart ached inside her chest, she finally thought she wouldn't be by herself anymore, but she was wrong.

Slipping off of the bed, she turned a blind eye to the stuffed toy and walked towards the nightstand. She rummaged through the drawer, pulling out a piece of paper and a pen. After scribbling away, she neatly left it on the coffee table, and sauntered towards the closet.

Tears stung Ha-Na's eyes as she pulled on her own, old and worn jacket- the one she had not worn since her first encounter with Tokki. She felt it would be better to leave as her old self rather than her new self now. She could leave all this aggression, all this heartache behind and never turn back. Even if it was just for a short while, she needed an escape.

Slipped a sheathed knife into her boot for protection, she peeked her head out into the hallway. Things were still, the other bedroom doors were shut tight, meaning everyone else was asleep. She found that she was unable to sleep after what happened. Ha-Na refused to turn back and look inside her bedroom- the memories contained inside would chain her up and stop her from leaving.

Ha-Na kept her footsteps light as she snuck down the stairs. Jimin's bedroom was right in front of the staircase, if the wood creaked under her weight, it would wake him up. The man was a light sleeper, no doubt would be stop Ha-Na. She needed to make her escape quick. The woman held her breath as she speed walked towards the front door, not taking a single glance behind her.

Slipping through the door, she quietly closed it behind her and let out the breath she was holding. The night spread across the sky in front of her- it was time she went on her own once again, so she doesn't hurt the others, and Tokki doesn't hurt her.

One day Ha-Na will return to her friends and Jungkook, but her soul needed time to heal right now. The best way to do that was to be alone... right?

Ha-Na left around midnight, and eight hours later she found herself in a familiar town. She hadn't realized it until now, but she walked all the way back home. Her heart finally warmed as dawn broke over the country, cotton candy coloured skies leading her back to her house.

She found herself right at her doorstep, peering in through the windows of the house. It was left untouched, everything inside was left frozen in time. Ha-Na rummaged through her pockets, until she finally found a single, metal key. The woman forgot it was there, but was thankful she could finally feel at home, her real home.

Shutting the door behind her and locking it, she sunk down to the floor, and let the tears she was holding in fall.

"It's better this way..." she whimpered, ignoring the burning in her chest.