Chapter 9

Kisa Taika.

Her mere existence was supposed to be impossible after that fight against the Colal clan.

Kisa was born to two Akazu people. Though they had no special connection to Yuki or to Vanessa's parents, when Kisa was three and they died, Vanessa's parents brought it on themselves to raise her properly.

Three years ago, when Vanessa and Kisa were only nine years old, the Colal attacked their village.

Hidden away in a closet, Kisa covered her best friend from anything that could possibly come their way.

'I must protect her,' she vowed to herself. 'If Vanessa gets hurt, I would never forgive myself.'

Suddenly, a swish of a sword caught her off-guard, slashing right across her face.

She couldn't hold her voice, and screamed in agony.

Vanessa reached for her friend, but was pushed away.

"No," Kisa said. "Stay put."

As the door to the closet was opened, Kisa jumped out, screeching at the soldiers, and swiped at them with her sword, blood still dripping from her face. She landed a few blows to the soldiers, a few being fatal.

More and more soldiers entered the tent, until it was a total of seven soldiers. Three were dead on the ground.

Kisa hissed, her hair standing on-edge and puffing slightly like a cat's would when it feels threatened.

She slashed at the soldiers more, landing more fatal blows on them. Only three remained. Kisa's arms were cut from the swords of the Colal soldiers.

She was surrounded by the remaining soldiers. As she attempted to fight them off, she let down her guard.

Vanessa watched, horrified, as a soldier behind Kisa raised his sword, and in one swoop, Kisa's head was sent falling. Her body collapsed as her head fell upon the ground.

Vanessa was so angry, but also afraid. So much of Kisa's blood was pooling around her...

Unable to contain her anger any longer, Vanessa screamed as she burst out of the closet, grabbing a sword off the ground and catching her friend's killer off-guard. She stabbed him in the chest, instantly killing him. As his body fell, she continued to scream and cry as she stabbed the body over and over again.

The two remaining soldiers, suddenly scared by this vicious child, fled the scene, screaming, "A MONSTER! IT'S A MONSTER!"

Vanessa stabbed the man one last time, covered in his blood, her eyes streaming with tears, and sweat dripping from her face from the effort of carrying a sword.

She regained her senses, and rushed over to Kisa's head.

"No... Nooo..." she cried, defeated. Her best friend was gone.

Suddenly, as one of her tears fell upon Kisa's cheek, a glow emitted from Kisa, both head and body.

Vanessa, blinded, covered her face.

When the light vanished, she looked to see that Kisa's head was no longer there.

"WHERE-" she cried, looking around herself frantically, until she saw the legs of someone familiar.

She looked up and saw Kisa's face. There was a scar across her face where the sword had slashed her, and a scar around her neck where her head and body separated.

"Vanessa, don't cry," Kisa said gently, crouching down and hugging the messy girl. "I'm alright."

"But... But how!?"

Kisa thought about it. "I don't know, but that doesn't matter. All that matters is that I'm okay now, so you don't have to cry anymore."

Vanessa hugged her friend back. "I'm so glad you're alright," she sniffled. She didn't know what she would do if her friend had really died that day.

"That's what happened," Vanessa said. "We still don't know how she survived."

Kisa laughed. "Ahhhh, memories~ Vanessa cried for me~ She even killed someone for me~ Are you yandere?~"

Vanessa blushed. "Th-that's in the past! I thought you'd actually died! Besides, I would've killed them either way!"

Kisa hummed, obviously in a pleasant mood.

"It's a wonder you're not traumatized by this experience," Hiroshi commented.

Kisa stopped humming for a split second, enough for them to notice, but she quickly made up for it with a laugh. "Of course! I'm just that resilient~" she sang.

As the men got themselves settled down and Vanessa, Kisa, and Sook went off to play, Hiroshi looked at the other men.

"Kisa was probably really traumatized by that experience," he told them. They all nodded in agreement.

"She's probably hiding that from Vanessa, though," Ikuno added. "She doesn't want Vanessa to worry about her."

"But why?" Waren asked.

Shayne thought for a moment.

"Because she likes Vanessa... Probably."

THIS NEXT AUTHOR'S NOTE IS IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ IT! THANK YOU IF YOU DO!

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! I've noticed that only a few of you guys have really continued to read. That's okay with me, and I'm glad there are people who enjoy this book. ^^

Now, I have a couple questions to ask of you who remain.

First of all, I've recently started falling out of yaoi and am leaning more towards shounen ai, basically the gay without smut. It's unclear right now if I want to do what I was originally planning and add smut, or if I just want to make this not smutty. If I want to make it not yaoi exactly, I'll change the tags so that others are not confused, but then it may either attract or repel more readers. So I'll ask you guys: Would you rather me do it how I originally intended to do it and add smut, or would you be okay with me changing the tags and not using smut? It all depends on you guys. I'm okay with either way, which is why I'm asking. Please comment your opinion.

Second, I've sorta realized that just using a game to create my characters is a bit... How do I put it... It's just not how I would want to depict them. So, would you guys like to see drawings of my characters? Please comment your opinion, it means a lot if you do! ^^

Thank you again for reading and thanks to those who comment. ^^ I am so grateful to all of you! :D
-Vanguard12😋