Part 1

Placing her head down on to the ground, Chaeyoung listened carefully. Her breaths escaped as she began to crawl forward. Frowning at suddenly hearing silence, she continued to crawl on as her nose acted as her guide. Scratching her hands around as she trudged ahead, she could feel indentations in the mud. The pattern carried the familiar scent. Following it, she paused as she heard movements in the bushes. The rustling stopped and placing her ears against the ground again, she smiled as she found her chance and pounced forward

Sitting quietly as their parents carried on talking, Lisa, shifted closer to Jennie and leaned close.

"I dare you," she whispered and Jisoo smirked as she overheard them.

Getting up, Jennie walked around the table where their parents sat. She moved soundlessly, but Jisoo and Lisa's eyes were fully focused on her, despite none of the adults noticing.

"Eon, are you fully prepared for this?" asked Chaerin. Not answering he just looked at her. She'd noticed that Bria was unsurprisingly not in attendance.

"We're leaving tomorrow morning," sighed Eon and Chaerin chuckled. Hearing her mother laugh, Jennie hurriedly made her way back to her seat. Jisoo and Lisa patted her back, triumphantly when she sat down.

"Well that didn't answer my question but okay," said Chaerin. Devlin stood in the corner of the room, smiling himself. Not only at what Chaerin said, but at what her daughter had been doing as well.

"I've tried convincing him that it would be best if it was just Jimin. But our king feels his choice is right," said June. He peered at Devlin, "Also, why exactly is that man here," he pointed and all eyes followed.

"Leave Devlin alone," huffed Patrick, he reached for Bella's hand and kissed it before continuing speaking, "He's an invited guest," finished Patrick and Bella smiled at him. Jennie and Jisoo nudged Lisa, teasing her for her parent's affectionate display. Lisa just crossed her arms, but the other two girls saw her blush.

"Pat's right June. Dev's a friend," smiled Chaerin and Devlin nodded back at his long time friend.

"He's a sorcerer. You think those rumours about him aren't true? He should be placed in prison," June's rant was cut short.

"Enough June," Eon spoke sternly, "Devlin's the reason why I've called for this meeting," he sighed.

They waited for him to continue but Eon was in deep thought. He wished Bria was here with him, even just for show, so that Jisoo could see her parents were agreement over this issue. Even though they weren't. He looked over to the girls and smiled gently at his daughter. Atleast Jisoo had reacted very positively at hearing she'll have siblings with her in the palace. His daughter's support meant more than she'll ever know.

"Devlin will be Chaeyoung's teacher," and Patrick looked at him confused.

"I thought both children would be enrolled into the Royal Military School?" he asked and Eon swallowed thickly.

"They will be. Along with Jen, Lisa and Jisoo," smiled warmly at the girls and they all smiled back happily for the king acknowledged them.

"Then why is that thing getting extra privileges by having a private teacher?" said June and Eon slammed down his fist.

"You will address Chaeyoung with the status granted to her!" he looked at June seriously who just snarled as he bowed his head at him, "She is my daughter. A human being..." he said softly and the little girls noted the sadness in his voice.