46 - mssgs/irl

ava
why didn't you tell me? especially since it's only one month after the last one

ruel
please don't be mad. i meant to tell you
but i didn't want to upset you

ava
are you joking? you thought i wouldn't get upset if you posted it on the internet before telling me?

ruel
fuck

ruel
i know, it was stupid. i'm sorry

ava
it's whatever. i'll talk to you later

ruel
no wait

ruel
can i call you?

ava
why

ruel
i wanna talk ava

ruel
i hate making you mad

ava
fine

[]
Ruel's POV:

I sigh in relief and immediately click the call button. Ava doesn't answer until after the third ring.

"Hi." She mumbles.

"Hi baby." I bite my lip.

"I don't want you to go." Ava says quietly.

I frown and shake my head, even though she can't see me. "I don't want to go either."

Don't get me wrong, I love performing and meeting my fans, but now that I have Ava, i'd prefer to stay here with her, not thousands of miles away.

She stays silent for a few seconds. "...Do you have to?"

I chuckle and run my fingers through my hair. "Yeah Av, I do."

"How long?"

I sigh. "A month? Maybe two."

Once again she goes silent.

"Baby?"

I hear her take a deep breath. "Okay."

The sound of her voice makes my heart clench and I can't help but feel guilty. "I'm sorry. I really, really don't want to leave you. If I could skip this I would, but Mark-"

She cuts me off. "It's okay Ruel, i'll be fine...we'll be fine."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Is that what you're worried about? Us?" When she doesn't answer, I continue. "Listen Ava, I won't leave you. Even if we're miles and miles apart, you'll always have me."

I can't practically hear the frown on her face as she speaks. "Do you promise?"

"I promise."