World so cold

Hi guys, the last chapter is here! It's shorter, but full of feels.

🎉🥳YAY 🎉🥳

~~~~~~~~~~

Spinning head and blurred vision was all that accompanied the ghost. After escaping from the mountain hideout, Dan was forced to take refugee in a small cave, dozens of miles away from the unfortunate place. His temporary hiding was located high in the Karakoram mountains with temperatures below -20 degrees Celsius. The environment matched Dan's core, making it easier for his body to overcome the side effects of his short imprisonment.

The cave was a smaller size, but it provided enough cover from the nature elements. Dan barely dragged himself inside, his flight and knees malfunctioning. With a thud, he slid down the wall, unable to stand on his own anymore.

"I... I just need... need some time... to recover." Dan croaked and subconsciously rubbed his throat. He laid there with his eyes closed, enjoying the quiet moment. Maybe too quiet. Danny hasn't said a single word since they merged back.

"Danny?" The ghost asked, a new caring side of him showing up. There was silence, a deafening one. The human side was still there, but he was too weak to respond. He felt as if his life, his body was slipping away from him.

"Dan..." Danny rasped, trying to collect any remaining strength he could find in himself. It was hard to speak, but he had to talk to his order self because he was the one who provided him his strength. From the physical one to the mental one, through support. "I... I don... don't feel s... so good."

"Danny, hold on for a while. It will pass." The ghost reassured his frightened younger self, but he wasn't really sure of what he said. He was no doctor. In reality, he was the one who broke things, not fix them.

"I know." Danny smiled slightly in his mind, feeling warm despite the cold weather. "You're not what I expected..."

"What? What am I?" Dan asked confused with his younger selves words.

"Nicer..." There was no way of stopping the soft caring smile that spread across the ghosts face. He was always looked at as a monster, a killer, a failed experiment and even though everything of this was true, someone saw something more in him. A side that has been sealed by his solitude and killing drive. "When a kid likes me, I can't be that bad." The ghost thought as he laid on the ground, smiling. Maybe things weren't so bad, he was just imagining it.

"Get some rest, you need it." Dan spoke quietly, referring to both Danny and himself. Within few minutes, both tortured souls drifted into dreamless sleep, finally getting some rest from the cruel world.

Only after many hours, one of them woke up. Dan sat on the cold stone ground, blinking rapidly to get the sleep out of his eyes. It wasn't a surprise that he was sitting there alone since Danny had barely energy to speak. What also wasn't a surprise was that the human half was inactive, so Dan didn't bother him, he just sat there in silence and waited for his younger self to wake up on his own.

Hour, two hours, eight hours, a day, three days... So much time has passed again since Dan spoke with Danny the last time. It wasn't until that point that he realized something. Something that has been nagging him for some time now. Exactly three days and eight hours. It was a feeling of emptiness or loneliness, similar kind of feeling he experienced when he and Danny were separated.

Danny wasn't with him anymore. Asking how he knew that? He just did. It took his body few moments until it realized that Danny, the only person who saw something more in him was gone, never to return. A small tear slid down his turquoise cheek and many followed. The ghost was now a wrecking ball of feelings, unable to stop himself from feeling the loss.

He was so weak. Danny was able to live on after his best friends and whole family died by the hand of a monster, by his hand, but he didn't have the strength required for living on.

"STOP IT!" Dan screamed at himself, but his voice betrayed him. After the first way of grief passed, he decided to stop it. If he didn't, the pain would just consume him. He had to close himself again, for his sake.

He never thought he'd feel this, guilty and broken down inside. After the long time spent with Danny, he couldn't imagine living only with himself. He always thought he'd make it, finish his quest to conquer the world, but never knew it would get so bad. Now, all he feels is numbness, emptiness and a burning desire to kill. Kill anyone who looks at him the wrong way, anyone who does something he doesn't like...

~~~~~~~~~~

If you're confused what happened here, part of Danny was, let's call it destroyed by the last experiment. Don't worry people, things will be explained in the sequel!

I can't believe I really finished this book. The feeling of achieving something as big as this. The feeling of a single idea having a tangible body in form of a book. My own book. 🤩🥰📚

It was a great pleasure to write this story. It had its ups and downs, but everything great has those. I enjoyed it so much and I hope you did too. 😊

For fun, I wanted to insert here my first plot of this story. It's interesting how everything changed so much.

-Flashback- ghostly wail kills sam and tucker
-Phantom will be blamed for everything and he will be called freak
-He seeks help form vlad
-Their ghost halves merge but into danny and vlad stays alive
-He kills his parents
-He duplicates himself to make it look as a murder
-danny is now able to control dan, so he can't come out by himself
-Goes to orphanage
-Escapes
-Meets Batman on the street

(Come up with a good reason for Batman to take him in)

-Batman takes him in(dick jason and tim are already there)
-Dan has his own personality so he can talk to danny
-Dan from other timeline comes and defeats the whole bat family
-Danny is forced to turn into his ghost form
-they find out that he's been afraid of himself the whole time
-He saves them all but has tons of injuries
-danny isolates himself from everyone
-he comes to terms with dan
-danny will have a fight with Bruce(because Bruce wants him to be a hero. Danny then realizes that Bruce is afraid that he could use his powers for bad)
-Danny will run away and become evil.

~TheWhiteKnights