18 ; insults and voices ✔︎

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 1 : SCENE 2 : CHAPTER 18

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

The rest of the week passed by smoothly and in a flash. Y/N stayed on top of her work, Ron did not once complain about Theodore, Blaise, or Daphne ("I've grown rather. . fond of them, really," he had said. "They stick up for us against Malfoy and I respect that."), and the rush of being back at Hogwarts hasn't worn off yet. Y/N had turned in her essay she was assigned over the summer to Professor Snape the night they got back, and learned on Friday she had gotten "outstanding" marks on it, and it would surely keep her grade at what Muggles would consider a '100'.

On Saturday morning, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Y/N were planning on visiting Hagrid down at his hut. Of course, Theodore, Blaise, and Daphne weren't really involved with Hagrid so they preferred not to go ("It would be awkward," said Daphne) but not that it mattered – Y/N was happy to spend time alone with the three Gryffindors (and Hagrid) because they had been through what she had been through. Y/N, however, had been told she was to have Quidditch practice that morning while in the common room having coffee.

"Why are we having practice this early in the morning, Flint?" asked Y/N, finishing off her mug and set it on the coffee table. She looked towards the window, finding only a sliver of light come from the lake. A mer-woman swam by, briefly waving before taking off with three mer-kids following. "It's only five-thirty. We have the whole day."

"I want to piss off Wood," said Flint with a smirk. "I overheard him talking to Professor McGonagall yesterday."

"Isn't that a bit much, even for you?" said Y/N, unimpressed. She crossed her arms.

"Just go get dressed and meet me back down here," Flint sneered. "I have a surprise."

Y/N rolled her eyes but went back upstairs, entered the second archway from the end of the corridor (the second-year hall) and slipped back into her room. None of the other girls were up yet, but they weren't going to get up anytime soon, especially with the calming trickle of water coming from the pebble structure in the middle of their room. With a sigh, she searched through her closet for her Quidditch robes.

When she'd found her emerald team robes and pulled on her school cloak for warmth, she'd descended the spiral staircase back to the common room, her Nimbus Two Thousand on her shoulder. Only Adrian Pucey and Lucian Bole were in the common room, sitting in silence in front of the fire. Y/N made herself yet another cup of coffee and sat with them, waiting.

Once all of the Slytherin team was in the common room, Flint stood in front of the fireplace, addressing everyone.

"Team, I am pleased to announce that we have a new Seeker," said Flint, monotonously. "Draco Malfoy."

Malfoy came striding in front of them proudly, smirking as he stood in the emerald green Quidditch robes. He was about to speak but Y/N cut him off, furious.