Chapter 44: Welp, Never Getting a Rat as a Pet

Note to those who have not read the actual HP Books but is reading this story: The tree that is being described is called the Whomping Willow. Which swings it's branches at anyone/anything that can get close to it. The only way to stop it is by hitting a knot at the trunk of the tree. If you have any more questions, ask away. There are many of those who have read the stories and will help you out for any confusion you may have.

I do not own Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

And there, at the base of the trunk, was Snuffles, dragging Neville backward into a large gap in the roots — Neville was fighting furiously, but his head and torso were slipping out of sight —

"Neville!" Harry shouted, trying to follow, but a heavy branch whipped lethally through the air and he was forced backward again.

All he could see now was one of Neville's legs, which he had hooked around a root in an effort to stop the dog from pulling him farther underground — but a horrible crack cut the air like a gun-shot; Neville's leg had broken, and a moment later, his foot vanished from sight. 

"If that dog can get in, can too," Harry murmured , darting here and there, trying to find a way through the vicious, swishing branches,but he couldn't get an inch nearer to the tree roots without being in range of the tree's blows. (- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Page 335-336)

"I can help, bond-mate," Regina said as she manifested from his tattoo and slid across the ground. Because she's been on Hogwarts ground for centuries, she had a good connection with the wildlife and nature magic that was etched into Hogwarts' grounds since before the Founders built the school.

So attuned to the magic, Regina was able to move and dodge any tree strikes that were aimed at her. Finally, she got through and was at the tree's trunk where she felt a considered amount of magic stores.

Knowing the vast amount of magic in the one area of the tree was important, Regina used her head to press the knot of the trunk.

Abruptly, as though the tree had been turned to marble, it stopped moving. Not a leaf twitched or shook.(- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Page 336)

"Thanks, Regina," Harry thought back to his familiar. "Stay behind me but I want you to stay out. If you sense my life is endanger, petrify them."

Regina didn't have to say anything from that, Harry knew she was alert and ready for any danger to himself or even Neville as she disappeared into the shadows, using her small size currently as an advantage.

Harry went down the tunnel with a Lumos guiding his way, Lunar was shifting on his skin, itching to help protect but knew that if they were caught, that Regina would be easier to explain rather than a dragon that wasn't native to this part of Europe.

Moving as fast as he could crouched, Harry remembered seeing this passage briefly on the map that the twins had given him. It was an alternate way to get to Hogsmeade that was obviously not blocked.

Finally, the ceiling lent up and Harry was finally able to stand more straight. Dim light was in front of him knowing he was in the room that Snuffles must have taken Neville.

Steeling his heart for possibly hurting the dog that he had adopted, Harry readied his wand. He noted Regina stayed closer to the wall which had a lot of shadows to it.