𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

THAT'S ANOTHER POINT,
HARRINGTON !

THAT'S ANOTHER POINT, HARRINGTON !

☀︎

THE BACK ROOM OF SCOOPS AHOY HAD NEVER BEEN SO BUSY. Pacing around the room, Dustin had watched both Alex and Steve listening to the tape. The two had been sitting at the table with Alex now wearing Steve's sailor cap and listening intently to every word she didn't understand. Beside her, Steve had taken a bite out of his banana as he tried to listen.

When the recording had reached its end, Dustin had looked to Steve. As far as he was concerned, getting Steve's help was the best kind of help there was. As of now, Dustin had a girlfriend that he felt he wouldn't have gotten if it weren't for Steve Harrington's tips. "So, what do you think?"

Steve's eyebrows stayed furrowed as he tried to wrap his head around something the others wouldn't understand. "It sounded familiar."

As he had finished up the last bite of his banana, Alex had taken the peel and tossed it onto the table. "I'm sorry, Steve, but, by chance, do you listen to Russians caught on tape frequently and aren't inviting me?"

He met her eyes in all seriousness. "The music, genius."

"The music?"

"Yeah, the music, right there at the end."

Alex had turned over to her brother for his input, but there was no reason. He was already too upset with Steve to hold back even he had wanted to. "Why are you listening to the music, Steve? Listen to the Russian! We're translating Russian!"

"I'm trying to listen to the Russian, but there's music playing," he pouted. Turning to Alex, Steve had tried to signal to her to step in and calm Dustin down, but her confusion on understanding the importance of the music had stumped her.

Even if Alex had pulled it together to pick a side between the boys, Robin Buckley had entered into the room and picked no ones side but her own. "All right, babysitting and date time is over. Steve, you need to get in there." Robin's eyes had scanned the room as she spoke, but she was put to a halt when she had seen her ruined whiteboard. Her important data had been wiped clean and in replace had been the Russian alphabet. "Hey, my board! That was important data, shitbirds!"

"I guarantee you, what we're doing is way more important than your data," Dustin scoffed, earning agreement right away from Steve.

"Harrington Heart Eyes isn't even a real thing so you can't keep track of how many times you claim to see it," Steve added in. Alex had narrowed her eyes in respond as she bit the inside of her cheek. Something about every conversation she found herself apart of had completely stumped her. Harrington Heart Eyes had been confusing enough, but she had remembered Dustin erasing Visible Hickey Henderson off the board just before they started— and that was enough to shut down her brain in thought.