040. the snap

› CHAPTER FORTY ‹

› CHAPTER FORTY ‹

Hovercrafts sped across the Wakandan lands, carrying their home allies, the ex-Avengers, Trystan, Bucky, and Raleigh towards the North-West side of the land. Raleigh was beside Trystan and a couple of women from the Dora Milaje, holding onto the side of the carrier as the wind rushed through his hair. Trystan hadn't brought his mask with him, since he usually threw it in a different area from where he kept his suit, so his face remained visible, allowing the dry air to freely smack across his flesh. It was almost pleasant.

"How we looking, Bruce?" Natasha asked through the telecom. To the right of them, a similar make of the Iron Hulk suit Tony made a few years ago to stop Hulk, jumped and ran between the carriers. Bruce's delightful laugh filled their ears and Raleigh watched as the scientist learned to control the suit. Since Hulk was refusing to come out and help, they had to make compromises and the Hulkbuster was one of them.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Wow! It's like being the Hulk without actually—" His words were cut short as he tripped over a rock. The head of the suit crashed against the soil and Okoye gave the man a dubious look. Raleigh smirked when the Hulkbuster pushed himself back to his feet. "I'm okay. I'm okay."

"Yeah, it seems like you've got the hang of it." Raleigh teased the genius, only resulting in Trystan to lightly smack his arm. He rubbed the spot, despite it not hurting. "What? It's a compliment!"

Rhodey flew overhead. "I got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line."

The carriers stopped and everyone piled out. Raleigh jumped over the edge of the vehicle, his feet planted onto the hard soil, and Trystan followed with his Wakanda-gun strapped to his back. Raleigh walked beside him as they neared the front of the line. M'Baku, leader of the Jabari Tribe, was standing with his people, chanting out their war mantra and T'Challa grabbed wrists with Lord of Jabari in greeting. Trystan stopped beside Bucky Barnes and Raleigh stood next to the light brunet.

Two figures stepped out from behind the tree line and he immediately recognized the large beastly one from New York. The smaller one had also been on the ship. She held the largest attitude on the spaceship and threatened both Raleigh and Loki that if they moved an inch that she or her father would kill them, all while keeping her bladed weapon pointed to their backs. It had been hard to stand still while Thor was being pummeled nearly to death and the Asgardians around him were being butchered, but Loki was there to keep him somewhat cool at that moment.

"They were on the spaceship," Raleigh said to no one in particular. "And that big one was in New York. He's dangerous. Mr. Stark wasn't even able to stop him."

Natasha, Steve, and T'Challa responded to his warning with a nod and left the group of combatants to speak with the intruders on the other side of the forcefield. Proxima Midnight ran her weapon across the protection, trying to come to sense with it, while Cull Obsidian growled at the three humans moving towards them. They spoke to the two aliens and from what Raleigh could tell, the talk wasn't going in their favor; and the assumption was found true when Proxima Midnight raised her weapon and loud mechanical rumbling echoed from behind the hostile intruder.