22. I Will Not Be So Easily Fooled

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: I Will Not Be So Easily Fooled

I insert the USB in my laptop that I lean on my locker and open the file with the first letter of each word in my company name. The side of my head is blocked by the locker door, aiding in tuning out the manic laughter from the end of the hall.

Once I click through the files and pictures, it holds more files on my Father's older designs, architecture with a few scratch copies. A couple manuals too. I don't understand how these kinds of files are worth stealing, it doesn't even have much on the company.

"Princess, what are you doing?" Ivan's voice causes a small jump to rise out of me. I slam the laptop closed in a hurry, lifting it and rotating it to sit in one of my vertical casings.

"Whoa! Someone's jumpy." He comments afterwards, I quietly wrap my hand around the locker door as I calm my breathing. When my head tilts out to see who else is with him, I notice the rest of the Royals are but my group seem to be absent. I furrow my eyebrows before glancing up at a confused looking Ivan, Maximus, Andrew, Ryan and Everdeen.

"Is everything alright?" I ask, slightly breathless as I completely close my locker, leaning on it so the lock clicks into place as Ivan glances warily down at me.

"We're alright, the question is, are you?" Everdeen pipes up, her eyes scanning my form.

"Yes, you startled me is all. I'm working." I explain, fidgeting with my index finger and thumb.

"Oh, that's great. We were actually looking for at least one of you. Do you happen to know where either Diana, Trevor, Rosa-belle or Carter is? Or all of them, would be great too?" Andrew asks impatiently while I glance warily into violet eyes that study me with intense concentration, from where he stands with his arms folded.

It's been a few days since they'd invaded my house and decided a sleepover was in order, I guess falling asleep on top of Maximus and then waking up with him treating me like a little soft toy, cuddling me to death, made him think we strengthened our relationship.

I smile, opening my locker again and grabbing my laptop, "Sorry, I don't actually know where they have gotten to. Perhaps, the library?" I suggest, closing my locker and placing my bag on my back, turning as they follow closely, rather suspiciously, if I might add.

"Their cars aren't out front, you haven't heard from them?" Andrew questions, I sigh, taking out my phone.

I read the recent messages, "Carter, Trevor and Diana ditched today. Rosa-belle took a sick day, alright."

I walk towards my last class, they follow after for more questions, especially Andrew.

"What? Is she alright? She didn't tell me anything, do you have her address?" Andrew worries as he rambles on, I sigh. She probably won't want to see him right now, cramps and all can be quite vicious for some.