24. To Woo A Girl Like Me

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: To Woo A Girl Like Me

The thing with dreams, they feel so real, one may not even realise that it was just a dream.

The feeling of someone nudging me awake is what my conscience comes to, only a half an hour in.

I ignore the feeling, as if it were a fly and would go away eventually. Either this fly got a lot bigger and stronger, or it wasn't a freaking fly in the first place. My eyes crack open and I glance up at the intruder of my beautiful sleep. The only person that could ever have the guts to do it, the one and only, Ivan Torres.

"I haven't slept in over twenty four hours, Torres. This better be good." I whisper yell into his freakishly annoyed and drained eyes. I give him a confused look.

"I'm not taking this shit anymore, Poppy. You're going to go over there and sort him straight, because if I hear another word from his mouth, I'm opening the window and using Andrew to help me throw him out. He's driving me completely nuts, Poppy. I'm not listening to it anymore, you broke him again. Now, go do whatever you need to, to fix the bastard!" He growls lowly, before delicately holding Diana's head in his hands and eyeing me the devil of all glares.

Wow.

Maximus must have done a number on him.

I inwardly scoff, good riddance.

He gives me a look, as if he could read my thoughts so clearly in my expression.

I close my eyes, just for a moment before standing. Everyone seems to be completely asleep as Ivan quickly sits in my previous chair. I sigh in annoyance, watching as he smiles in relief, letting Diana lean her head on his shoulder as he Sloan's his head back and closes his eyes. Looking severely at peace.

While I'm over here, standing on a moving bus as the rain hits more fiercely across the windows.

Maximus remains awake, a fist holds his chin as he glares out at the rain, mumbling under his breath, not noticing my presence. I sit down and learn of the scolding earful, "You freaking idiot, I told you she wouldn't sit with me. I don't know what the hell to do, Ivan. I confess to her and she just...nothing. I definitely should continue calling her 'Honey', I just can't believe she blushed and I...I freaking ruined it. Ivan, I can't believe I'm asking you this, but what should I-" he stops with a choked cough, his eyes widening and he slams himself flush to the window, I glare at him with my arms crossed.

He cannot seem to form words, his mouth keeps slacking open before closing as he gulps.

I roll my eyes, taking out my phone and looking through Pinterest, "I can't fathom why you're so shocked. Oh, and your 'supposed' confession, was not a confession or at least not the undying type. The most I interpreted by your words, is that you have developed a crush, you want more from me, you deliver more and you don't back out of it, you let it flow and see what comes, Maximus. I'm no expert on relationships, but I know that if you want one, there's really no point in backing out of it and if you call me 'Honey' one more time, you won't like the consequences, are we clear?" I straight out converse with him, only do I look into his shy lavender eyes when I stare sternly into them. He doesn't nod, or show any signs of even comprehending what I just said.