33. Celestial

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: Celestial

Numb.

Completely and utterly numb is the best depiction of my physical status.

It's hard to feel anything when I know I'm still an unconscious mangled body in a truck unknown to my recollection. The sight of a large glossy block truck threw my SUV across metres of grass and air, it almost seems unreal. All of it...almost seems so unreal.

The scrape of my skin along cold concrete floor cracks me awake. Quite literally. I'm thrown harshly to the newly cemented surface underneath, the smell is the first thing that enters my slightly blocked nose, along with the blood.

I haven't the time to recognise the blood before another merciless strike fractures the bone on my left leg. A crushed whimper slither's it's traitorous way from the tip of my tongue when my bones turn to jello. The idea of bone marrow being exposed to many other tissues in my leg has me close to faint cardiac arrest as I picture the sight for sore eyes.

Most victims of common car crashes take more than a fair few minutes to capture their surroundings or at least a few hours to figure out exactly what happened to them, the impact of their injuries.

I only needed a few seconds to cry out from the remembrance of the crash. The SUV flying through the air as metal crushes metal, glass shattering from the impact and my screams that float further into the echo it sets across my blurred mind.

Suddenly, the flick of a switch and a white light scorches my skin, already burning the wounds along my arms, the cut on my stomach and a vague pain in my leg.

"Miss Parker, it's about bloody time you decided to wake!" A growl enters my ears, still vaguely familiar as I crack open one eye, lying flat on my back as my head is forcefully turned to the side, a burning sensation on my cheek follows.

I groan out at the force of the masculine slap that sent my face directed to the dark joker-like figure sitting in front of me. The light, at least a few metres above him and the vague shuffle behind him, notifying me, there are others amongst us.

"You remember me, don't you?" He sickly sweetens his voice, eying me like his prey. I turn, my head rolling to the side as I'm forced to heave drops of blood from my mouth and nose, I hold in my fear at the sight of evidential internal bleeding, not enough to be completely worried, but it's enough to know I need a hospital and soon.

"Miss Parker, no need to be so ignorant. Give her another kick, you imbecile!" He growls out before a rough textured boot hits me not-so-nicely on my bare back, rocks cutting into the skin as I feel each tear at me in utter anger. I close my eyes and bite my lip when the force of the unknown male's kick sends me closer to the vaguely familiar voice. The unknown gargoyle in front of me sits empowered and arrogant the closer I'm thrown towards him.

"What do you want?" I gain the strength to crouch but ultimately fail to remove the stutter from my lips. I hide in interior shadows the moment a sniffle erupts from my traitorous throat at the pain it shoots through my head as my neck feels as though I'd twisted it close to a break. The ache revels on the side of my neck, below the cranium bone where pressure builds with the twists forced every time I'm kicked.