二十九

29 - live, giyū

A sad smile made its way to the peach-coloured haired male, as he tilted his head a little. "Yo." he brought his hand up a little, waving at his frozen friend.

Looking at how he still froze, a playful sigh left Sabito's throat, frowning with a smile still plastered at his face.

Without saying another word, he walked a little further, before settling down on empty air. He looked up to the ravenette, patting the space between him. "What're you doing? Come here."

A little startled, Giyū blinked a few times, hesitantly approaching the sitting boy. He looked at the space beside him, not really sure if he could actually sit there or not, because it's just an empty air, no bench or chair in sight.

"It's okay. See? I'm sitting."

He decided to stop contemplating, slowly making his way beside him. Finally settling down, he looked down, surprised to see himself actually sitting on air.

An awkward, stiff atmosphere quickly surrounded the both of them, the silence slowly becoming unbearable. Sabito looked up, while Giyū had his head hung low, shadow casting over hid eyes.

"How are you, Giyū?"

The said man jolted a little on his seat, slowly looking to the side as the other asked with eyes full of curiosity.

"I..."

His heart rate started to accelerate, as his eyed blinked more than usual. His mind full of thoughts.

W- What am I supposed to say?

Can I even answer 'I'm good.' to the one who died on my behalf?

While I'm still alive until this day.

Guilt he always felt nagged down harder than ever at his heart as he stared hard at nothingness, sweating a lot. He gripped his black uniform, while his other hand unconsciously grabbed his haori's left side, the one with block patterns.

"You never change, huh."

He looked at him once again, this time confusion evidence on him. "What... do you mean?"

A warm, happy smile now on his feature as he supported himself with both his hands on his side.

"You always worry about other people, never even considering yourself. Then, and now."

Giyū continued to stare at him, feeling overwhelmed.

"Huh?"

He slowly brought his hand to his face, feeling confused and surprised at the same time. Bewildered by what he touched. Tears was there, slowly sliding down his cheeks. "Sorry, this—"

"It's okay, Giyū. It's okay. Just this once, please don't hold anything back."

"No, I—"

"Please, for your best friend?"

Sabito smiled sadly at him again, concern filling his eyes.