Ch-1 The Heartless Hero

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

'Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendents and noble companions.'

- Aameen.

For Our Love...

Chapter One

The Heartless Hero

Please take note that this work, FOL... has been added under the Mature category. To portray obscenity is not the motive; rather this story covers different people's lives. And Allaah SWT is Ever-Watchful of our hearts and deeds. 

London, U.K.

"Let's halt and make it a night," purred Angel, her smouldering glance making her blatant invitation unmistakable. "Shall we go to my apartment?"

The man to whom it was addressed raised a pierced blonde brow, his mouth quirking into a highly attractive one-sided grin. Angel's heart dipped.

"Yes," He murmured slowly, "That's perfect." Angel, instead of crowing in satisfaction, frowned at him.

For the handsome George Benedict had not replied to her but rather he was muttering to the costumes before him, his dark blue eyes scanning idly yet not missing an inch of any dress.

A model turned fashion designer Angel had met him some months back and they had got on nicely, but only recently she had decided that George would have her for his girlfriend, no matter to what length she went to achieve it.

Not far from these two – a large group of tall, thin models were sitting in a state of utter exhaustion. Their chatter and gossip was low-toned, while their eyes rested upon the couple in front of them. Now no longer on the catwalk platform, they had dropped their carefully schooled expression of poise and nonchalance, making their faces appear not surprisingly uniform.

Hearing Angel's words some sniggered while some others had rolled their eyes. A red haired model though, flashed a look of hatred at Angel, her jealousy obvious. Angel, oblivious and feeling superior from the paid models continued with her insinuating efforts.

"You're not looking at me," she managed to blurt out the words accusingly instead of whining like a kid.

George paused, the digital pen resting on the Tab in which he was entering the final effects or changes of his creations.

At Angel's words, he turned sideways and deliberately swept her from head to toe in a long, lazy glance of appreciation. She met his gaze with shining, triumphant eyes.

"Enough?" He asked, amused but not bored.

Her lips curled invitingly.

"I still have much to finish ... your show darling," George pointed out, his attention back on his Tablet; "got over yesterday, and it was a success."

"Mine is tomorrow," He remarked mildly eyes twinkling in suppressed humour, waiting for his confrère's reaction.

And it came. Angel bristled. The models close by giggled. Forgetting her flirting, she said bitterly,

"Yes, all the important shows begin tomorrow! Isn't that what you're trying to say?"

George sighed, the sigh of a long-suffering man.