Sinful

CHAPTER 5

“Umamin ka nga, Vi.” Kalalabas lang nya sa kitchen ng Bistro at dala-dala ang Lobster roll na ginawa nya para kay Ramcel nang harangin sya ni Irene. “Are you in love with your bestfriend?” Nakapameywang ito at determinado itong makuha ang sagot nya.

“What are you talking about?! Of course not!” Victoria said. She tried to get past Irene but her friend didn’t let her. “The answer is no, Irene. Bakit mo ba binibigyan ng kahulugan ang friendship namin?”

Irene just shrugged but Victoria could tell she didn’t believe her. “So you won’t feel jealous if you see that someone very attractive joined her table?”

What? Someone attractive? Are you flirting, Ramcel? Irene laughed when Victoria took a deep breath. She knew her well enough to detect she’s suddenly upset.

“You are not jealous at all, are you?” Natatawang tukso ni Irene. Inirapan nya ito saka nilagpasan.

Bakit naman sya magseselos? Bestfriend lang nya si Ramcel. Wala naman sila nitong relasyon. Oo, naiinis sya. Pero dahil hindi tumutupad si Ramcel sa usapan nilang “no flirting”. She’s just concerned. Usong-uso ang AIDS. Hindi nya gugustuhin magkasakit ang kaibigan nya. Yun lang naman yun.

“Really?” Tudyo ng isip nya. She’d been turning down Luke’s invitation ever since their “snuggle moment” on the sofa. In fact, they’ve been snuggling a lot. That’s normal right? They used to hug each other when they were young. Holding each other’s hands was natural for them.

Fine! She was a little jealous when she saw Ramcel’s attractive friend, Olivia. Masayang nagtatawanan ang dalawa nang makalapit sya sa mga ito. She placed the Lobster Roll infront of Ramcel, who flashed her a dazzling smile, which immediately banished her jealousy. Damn, that smile!

“Hi Victoria! It’s great to finally meet you!” Olivia’s gorgeous face lit up when they shook hands. Victoria felt a little guilty because she could see that Olivia was genuinely happy to meet her. “I heard a lot about you from Rayanne. She wasn’t lying when she said you are beautiful.”

Kita ni Victoria na sincere ito sa sinasabi pero hindi nya mapigilang mainis rito nang hawakan ni Ramcel ang kamay ni Olivia.

“Liv!” Ramcel seemed to be warning Olivia, who grinned mischievously.

“Relax, Rayanne. Hindi kita ibubuking,” biro nito kay Ramcel, na sinamaan ito ng tingin. Nagvibrate ang cellphone nitong nakapatong sa mesa. Binasa ni Olivia ang message at gumuhit ang panghihinayang sa mukha nito. “I would love to stay and talk to you, Victoria, but I have to go. I’ll drop by some other time instead.” She’s very apologetic. “I have a meeting at Studio 11. Dumaan lang ako to see Rayanne and to meet you.”

“It was nice meeting you, Olivia.”
They shook hands again then Olivia left.

“Meeting? At this hour?” Victoria commented because it’s already 10PM. She sat across from Ramcel.

“Duty calls.” Ramcel took a large bite on her roll. “This is delicious.”

“Thanks.” It’s always been pleasurable for Victoria watching Ramcel eat. “That’s not on the menu by the way.” It’s made of lobster meat served on a grilled hotdog style bun.

“You should include it.” Ramcel sipped on her mango shake.

“Are you going to wait for me?” Victoria will be out in an hour.

“Of course.”

Since Ramcel’s class won’t start until the summer, she’d only stay in her apartment almost the whole day writing or reading scripts. Pupunta lang ito sa Studio 11 paminsan-minsan pag may meeting or if there was something urgent. Madalas itong kumain ng late dinner sa Bistro para hintayin ang out ni Victoria. Wala ng masyadong crowd after dinner kaya ayos lang kahit tumambay ito doon ng ilang oras.