38. Court After The Eventful Winter Banquet

Despite everything that was happening at the same time, Bai Chen Rong's words were still heard across the hall.

Everyone was bewildered. What was this woman saying?

When did Gao Le princess become a mother?

But when Imperial Consort Fa heard her daughter-in-law, she became crazed. "Yes, it was you! You corrupted our Heng'er, that's why he did unthinkable things! You venomous woman, you should be punished!"

The dignified consort shrieked and the imperial guards had to double their efforts to contain her.

But it was as though only Xia Yu Heng heard his mother. He was stunned to know that his mother, upon seeing a scapegoat unhesitatingly threw all the dirty water on Bai Chen Rong.

But the people inside the banquet hall ignored the mother-son duo as they curiously stared at the Gao Le princess, waiting for her reaction.

Yin Hua Lei only stood up with a faint curve on her lips.

At this point in time, Bai Chen Rong decided to distract the people with this piece of news. But it wouldn't change her fate. She only wanted to force Yin Hua Lei to agree to help her keep Xia Yu Heng alive.

What a smart move. Even if there was only a small chance, Bai Chen Rong still risked everything.

"This convicted woman, playing that card against ben wang's princess* won't get you anywhere." A bewitching voice was heard.

Heads turned towards the source of this voice and as expected, it came from the pale-haired wang shu.

"You could have used anything in the world to bargain with ben wang's princess but you went ahead and used our daughter. Aiy, really courting death." There was mirth in his voice but what really shocked people to the bones were three words he stated twice.

Ben wang's princess?!!!

Since when did these two get married?

Moreover, there was a daughter! Feng prince only had one daughter ah, that daughter's mother was Gao Le princess?

The guests felt dizzy. Too much information in the span of one day could make them die early.

Yin Hua Lei was furious but at the same time, this was also the perfect time to drop this bomb. When everything was in disarray, people wouldn't ask too many questions.

She glanced at the Emperor. Why did she have a nagging feeling that this was also what he wanted?

She threw a frosty glare at Xia Lian Bei who suddenly stepped up his game the moment he saw an opportunity.

He gently held her waist and pulled her away from Bai Chen Rong's grasp. He felt wronged receiving that death glare.

This prince is only worried that Bai Chen Rong would suddenly play dirty ah! Why look at me as if you want to kill me?

Despite being seen through, Bai Chen Rong didn't give up. She still repeatedly pleaded.

"Alright, let's stop here. Lock them away temporarily. Zhen will give out the verdict tomorrow."

Despite some people's wailing and shouting, this year's winter banquet that was fraught with surprises at every corner finally concluded.

But the soldiers outside worked the whole night to eliminate the threat to the capital's peace. Before dawn, the mass grave outside the imperial city was consumed in a great pyre.

And the blood that was shed was thoroughly cleaned by the Huoyang troops and Xia Lian Bei and of course, the Xiu was in charge of purging the royal palace led by Fang Qi and Yin Hua Lei.