one.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

❝ 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚋𝚘𝚢 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚘𝚛 ❞

。͙̊。̣ ⋆ ∙⋅͙̊。̣݊ ͙。͙̊∙ ⋆ ⋅͙̊。̣݊ ͙。͙̊⋆༷⋅⋅͙̊。

the sky was bluer. the grass was greener. the air itself tasted sweeter. even yoongi was slightly less broody than usual.

all of these beautiful miracles were a result of one, simple thing;

summer.

that's right, summer vacation had finally arrived, freeing you from the suffocating shackles that senior year of high school had bound you in.

no more tests, no more homework, no more teachers telling you that you'd never amount to anything no matter how hard you tried, no more annoying ass teenagers pissing you off just by breathing in your direction the wrong way.

you were out. you were finished. you were god damn free.

and like hell you'd ever be coming back.

"freedooooom!" taehyung's familiar baritone voice bellowed as he came barreling towards where you stood by yoongi's range rover out of literally nowhere, arms extended at either side of him, head thrown back as he whooped and cheered excitedly.

"fucking psycho," yoongi grumbled, scowling in distaste as the hyperactive younger reached you, throwing himself onto your back in his excitement and nearly sending the both of you tumbling face first into the ground.

had it not been for your phenomenal reflexes —and perhaps the fact that you were leaning most of your weight on the hood of yoongi's car— you'd probably be in need of a few rounds of plastic surgery.

"tae," you growled warningly at the blue haired boy. he laughed gleefully, a contagious sound that didn't fail to draw your lips into an upward arch. damn him and his intoxicatingly bubbly personality.

"how amazing is this? we're done with school– actually graduated! we're pretty much officially adults!" taehyung giggles, squeezing your shoulders with his massive hands.

"you're seventeen tae," yoongi pointed out in a low grunt.

"and still don't have your drivers license," you added matter of fact, chuckling at the brief pout that touched his lips. but it was short lived, easily giving way to another blinding smile that wrinkled the corners of his eyes