vi. BETRAYED ME

THE GROUP all met at Scoops Ahoy the next day, Robin and Chris stayed to figure out the code as Steve, Icarus and Dustin both go to try and find this Russian spy. "See anything?" Dustin asked Steve as Steve looks through binoculars.

"You guys look dumb." Icarus said, sitting on a seat in front of the bush with a magazine in hand. "And you're reading a magazine." Steve says and Icarus flips him off through the binoculars.

"You two in a fight?" Dustin asked with a grin. "I don't totally know what I'm looking for." Steve says and Icarus rolls his eyes. "Evil Russians." Dustin said. "Steve doesn't know what an evil Russian looks like.." Icarus said to them. "Tall, blond, not smiling." Dustin says. "Also, look for ear pieces, camo, duffel bags, that sort of thing." He adds.

"Right, okay, duffel bags." He says and Icarus stands up, directly in front of Steve who groans. "Cute guy in my way, dang it, Dustin.." He says and Icarus flips him off again. "Guys! Focus," Dustin said as Icarus glares at Steve who pulls the binoculars away from his face. "I said I was sorry."

"Oh, you guys did fight.." Dustin sighed and reached out for the binoculars. "I kept something from Rus and he's mad at me." Steve explained and Dustin grabs the binoculars. "If you're not gonna focus and rather care more about your teenage drama bullcrap, just give me the binoculars." He says and pulls them causing Steve to pull the string off from around his neck.

"Yeah, Steve.." Icarus says and Steve looks at him. "What is your deal?" He asked and Icarus glares at him. "What is my deal?" He says and Steve sighs. "I gave you.. head for a reason.." He whispers and Icarus flips him off. "Doesn't mean you're off the hook." He whispers in an angered tone.

"I fucking apologized." Steve whispers and Dustin looks at them. "Guys! Figure it out!" He says and Icarus sighs, looking at Steve. "What is the big deal here?" Steve asked, confused.

"I guess.. I felt like you betrayed me.." Icarus says and Steve just frowns. "Like.. you didn't trust me.." He added and Steve sighed. "Can we talk later?" He asked and Icarus just grabs his magazine. "I'm just gonna go to Chris and Robin.." He whispers.

"It's Chris.. he's ruining what I have with Icarus.." Steve sighed when Icarus walked away. "No.. I think it's you, Steve, who's ruining it.. Why didn't you just tell him? Whatever it was.." He says and Steve just looks away. "You don't get it."

At Scoops Ahoy, Icarus eats his ice cream sadly as he sat on the counter in the back room. Chris was listening to the tape recording and staring at the code they had written down. "The week is long. The silver cat feeds when blue meets yellow in the west. A trip to China sounds nice if you tread lightly.." Chris read it then looked at Icarus.

Robin opens the windows, looking at Icarus. "That ice cream helping, bud?" She asked and Icarus looks at her. "Just a bit.. thanks, Robin.." He says with a small smile then someone knocks at the door. She quickly rushed around, going through the door and walking to the door. She opens it as Chris looks at Icarus again. "I'm gonna lose it." He says.

Robin grabs the box from the man at the door, setting it to the side. "Thank you." She says and then goes back to sign the papers. The man grabs the paper and pen. "Have a nice day." He says and she nods, staring at his hat the whole time.

"Yeah, you too.." She says then walks out into the hall to watch him walk away. She walks back in, looking at the two. "Silver cat.." She says and then grabs the paper from Chris' hands, Icarus quickly gets up and follows her, both he and Chris stand at the door as she runs out of Scoops Ahoy.

"Where is she going?" Dustin asked Chris and Icarus who both shrug. "Some dude came to deliver something and she watched him leave, and said silver cat." Icarus says, shrugging.

The four boys leave Scoops Ahoy, approaching the girl who kept looking around. "Robin? What are you doing?" Steve asked her and she looks at them. "I cracked it." She merely said.

"Cracked what?"

She jumps down, "I cracked the code."

Later, the five were on the roof, watching trucks backing up to the delivery dock. Icarus was between Chris and Steve, Robin had Dustin between her and Steve. "Look for Imperial Panda and Kaufman Shoes." She said to Dustin who had the binoculars.

"They're with that whistling guy, ten o'clock." Dustin said and Icarus notices Steve continuously fixing his hair and he rolls his eyes before taking off his hat and putting it on his head. He puts on his jacket's hood and Steve just looks at him.

"What do you think's in there?" Chris asked and Icarus looks at him. "Guns, bombs?" Dustin guessed and Icarus looks over at the men again. "Chemical weapons?" Robin guessed as well.

"Whatever it is, they're armed to the teeth." Dustin said. "Great.." Steve says and Icarus looks at him. "That's great." He nodded. "Hey, what's in there?" Robin asked when the doors open.

"It's just more boxes."

"Let me check it out." Steve says, reaching out and grabbing the binoculars. "Steve.." Icarus warns and Steve doesn't give up. "No, I'm still looking." Dustin argues. "Let me see." Steve says, still trying to take the binoculars. "Hang on!"

Steve and Dustin both drop the binoculars, making a loud thud and causing the men to look around. "Duck!" Dustin yelled and they all do, Steve grabbing on Icarus' arm. Steve realizes and pulls his hand away. And before anyone could come look for them, they sneak back into the mall.

"Well, I think we found your Russians."

authors note icarus and robin make an amazing duo tbh, lesbian and gay solidarity 😌