Ch. 32 - Black Knights pt. 1

don't you just love when you read your upcoming chaps and don't like the path so you rewrite them haha that's what I did.
——————————————————————————
Logan

I was dying. The pain of loss was hitting. Hard.

The loss of my mate, my Roselyn. Because of my stupidity and arrogance I banished her for reasons that didn't seem reasonable to me.

I was perfectly capable of protecting her on my land, now she is out in the open for anything to happen.

I sent her away so I could change but I couldn't change without her by my side, to hold me back from my vicious ways.

I sat alone in my office, my clothes tattered with blood. We had attacked a small pack nearby believing that they knew where the tattooed man was.

They begged us for mercy that they didn't know his whereabouts and I knew they were telling the truth.

That didn't stop me from giving the order to kill every person and stick their heads on a spike.

I looked at my bloodied hands and imagine how disappointed Rose would be but at least she would be here.

The farther she got the less I felt her presence, even though I didn't reject her I felt like I had.

"Logan, Rose will be okay. Henrik won't let anything bad happen to her." James assured me sitting on the other end of my desk.

I let out a sigh. "I know. I just want her with me. I never shoul--"

I suddenly felt a knife gutting sharp pain in my abdomen twisting inside.

I began coughing almost feeling a metallic taste meaning blood. I doubled over my chair onto my hands and knees as my gags and coughing continued.

"Alpha!" James yelled rushing to my side.

My office door burst open revealing my guards ready to attack.

But just like that the pain stopped and I could no longer taste the blood I wanted to cough out. I checked all over my body for any signs of wounds but I didn't have any.

This could only mean one thing, the same thing that happened when Roselyn was attacked by rogues.

"Rose..." I said catching my breath, "She's in trouble."

~*~
Roselyn

I flipped him over my shoulder stepping on his back firmly but still room left for him to breathe.

One of Logan's men had been following me and he didn't think I wouldn't sense him following me.

So I purposely made a wrong turn from wherever I was headed and tackled him.

He put up a good defense, luckily Rae had some karate moves in store for us to overpower him.

"Why were you following me?" I growled holding a firm grip on his arm twisted around his back.

"My name is Henrik." He spoke up, "Alpha ordered me to follow you for your safety."

This didn't make sense. Logan banished me, he told me that he didn't want me, that I was pathetic, and that he didn't care for me.