59 ❀ Mated

Klepto POV

          Klepto POV

     "How was your day?" I ask, trailing a slow finger gently over Ezra's chest as his breathing flows in and out of his lungs. The gusts of his exhales drift across my cheek making my fine peach hairs rise.

     We're laying in bed together. It's late. He just got home a few minutes ago, and before I could greet him he'd stripped to his underwear and clambered into bed.

     "Busy. Stressful." He replies. I watch his eyes close and then open again to look down at me with a small smile, he's trying to stay awake for me. I can tell he's exhausted. "How about yours?"

     I pretend to think about it for a second before I answer.

     "Stressful. Busy." I reply. He has the decency to snort, but his eyes flutter once again and I know he's fighting sleep to even talk to me.

     I snuggle up closer to him and sigh.

     "No, no, it's been pretty boring actually. I had to help prepare everything for tomorrow. Stacey is ecstatic." I explain softly, trying not to disrupt the peaceful bubble encompassing the whole room.

     Ezra straightens a bit in bed, covers rustling as he adjusts his position.

     "This ceremony is going to be bigger than the last one I suspect." He muses, eyes closed now with a wicked grin on full display. I snicker and nod against his neck. I kiss the skin where his throat and shoulder meet, right where I'll mark him tomorrow.

     "I don't care. I use to care about stuff like that, but I don't mind a few more people witnessing just how much I love you." I admit, wrapping an arm tightly around my mate's muscle covered waist.

     "Aww, aren't you a peach." He murmurs, and when I glance back up he's grinning at me, yellow eyes glowing in the dimess. I nod at him and lick my lips before I reply.

     "Bet I taste as good as one too."

     Ezra laughs, the action shaking me up and down against his body.

     "Oh, there's no betting, I know that you taste as good as one, probably better." He bends his neck to kiss me. Our lips crush together for a moment, enjoying the quiet moment together before the madness that will go on tomorrow. It'll be quite the event.

     After we pull away I shake my head.

     "If Stacy only knew that we're sleeping in the same bed the night before our ceremony. She'd go crazy if she figured out we're breaking tradition. We can't see each other the day of the ceremony." My mate shrugs.

     "So what? Who cares? We're gonna have a great day regardless of her superstitions." He pauses for a moment, rubbing my forearm up and down with his warm hand. "I mean, it didn't help us much last time, did it?"