CH. 6 Don't Tell

When I get upstairs, I grab my phone from my bed side table and text my best friend, Cameron, as fast as I can.

You see, Cameron Sanders, is a name the Hansen family will never forget. Cameron and I have been best friends since elementary school- conducting us into 8 years of friendship.

Cameron is tall with a 5'8 frame and slender figure. She has fiery red hair, but that's the least protruding thing about her. Cam's personality is one of the best I've ever come across; fun, spunky, and dangerous. She's a thrill seeker- just as I am. Lucky for her though, she only has one older brother blazing hot on her trail of mischief— meanwhile I have 6. Cam's older brother's name is Nathan, and he just so happens to be my brother, Kade's, best friend. Simply saying, they watch out for the both of us when the other can't.

Nathan and Cameron haven't always been the closest, but that's only because of Cameron's undeniable love for the male species. She just can't stay away from them. And, let's just say, one night at the beginning of summer, Nathan walked in on Cameron doing some 'not-so-PG13' things with one of Nathan's now-ex best friends, Trevor Wren. Yea, as you can figure, that didn't end too well for either of them...

Anyways, along with Nathan, Cameron also has a little sister, Abby. Abby's the complete opposite of Cameron; goody two shoes and all. Her and Nathan have always been super close and he babies her like there's no tomorrow. But, my guess is, Abby will reach her breaking point of the,  'little-miss-good-girl-suck-up' act, once she makes it to high school and will go totally off her rails. After all, Nathan will be in college by then, and nobody will be able to stop her besides poor Mr. and Mrs. Sanders, who frankly, aren't very good with setting rules. That's why Nathan has to put his foot down at everything Cameron gets herself into, because god knows, their parents don't have a single say in what goes on in her life.

To: Cameron Sanders
From: Me

Cameron, I need help.

I paced around my room, waiting for her reply.

Cameron Sanders:

Wdym? Is everything okay?

Me:

It's my brothers. I need to get out of the house ASAP.

Cameron Sanders:

Ok, uhhh Nathan is out right now, so I think you can come by.

Me:

Ok, I'll try to get out of the house. I'll text if anything happens and I can't make it.

Cameron Sanders:

Kk gotcha.

After texting Cameron, I shut my phone off, formulating my plan to get out of the house.

I can't go out the front door, that'd be stupid- we have doorbell cameras. But, I can't sneak out and lose my brothers trust even more than I already have. I need to be on their good side.

After all, sneaking out was one of my many prohibitions.

Hm, what to do, what to do...

Fuck it. I'll improvise.

I slipped on some shoes, grabbing my phone, and running down the stairs towards the front door.

As I got downstairs, I looked around cautiously; making sure nobody could see me.

I peered around the corner of a wall and saw that Flynn and Kade were sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV.