Side 2: "Meiru Amagasa"

This world is boring.

That's what I, Meiru Amagasa, started to constantly think to myself when I began my junior high school life. Studying, playing, and even club activities, none of them gave me much thrill nor any level of excitement at all.
Back when I was in elementary, I used to see everything differently and was curious at all of them, and whenever I find something new, I would always tinker with it until I learned everything about it. And because of that, I topped every test, receive honorary awards, and was often proclaimed as a gifted prodigy during my generation.
But, that was not always a good thing.
At least for me, that is.
Even during extreme situations, or strange cases, I would always be able to accurately predict the outcome without really much effort. And because I keep being able to guess almost everything that happens, there really isn't fun in anything now.
The math problem I solved was too predictable, it was boring.
The outcome of the shogi I played was too predictable, it was boring.
The movie ending was too predictable, it was boring.
The buddyfight matches I play are also predictable, it was too boring.
And just like that, I lost interest at everything in this world, nothing catches my attention anymore.
That's why I dropped school and never went outside since.
This world is just too boring, too cramped, and too dull.
That's my conclusion two years after I entered junior high.

However, there is one thing that I find interest in.

And, that is... a rainy night.
On a rainy night, your sight becomes less visible and your hearing becomes less audible, it's as if you start to feel that the world itself has changed. I like the feeling of having your senses in disarray and the noise being dispersed by the sound of rainfall, it makes this boring world a tiny bit interesting.
That's why, on a rainy night, just like tonight, I always go to the park, bringing my umbrella with me, and mellow over my emotions.
"...... It's cold."
I think I may have overstayed myself here for too long.
No surprise I feel chilly right now.
I'd really like to stay under the rain for a while longer so I can escape reality, but I guess it's not that worth getting sick for. I'd rather not catch a cold.
Well then, I better go back now.
I stared at the dark night sky while thinking about that.

◇     ◇     ◇

The alarm starts ringing.
The Buddy Police equipment detected an illegal interference from another world.
The staff members are all rushing to analyze the situation.

"We believe that the interference is coming from Darkness Dragon World!"
"The gateway is being forcefully opened!"
"It is located near the vicinity of Cho-East Odoroki Skies, at Cho-Shibuya!"
"We have confirmed that a monster is opening the gate!"
"From our scanner...... there is only one!"

The gateway to Darkness Dragon World shortly closed moments after the monster entered this world. The Buddy Police office immediately sent out a persecution team at the monster's designated location.
The team is lead by that man, Zanya Kisaragi, and his buddy monster, Tsukikage.
"I will give everyone instructions and information as team leader. Tsukikage, I want you to scout ahead at Cho-Shibuya and gather any piece of information you can find about the monster. I'm counting on you."
"Nin!"
Tsukikage nods and disappears from sight.
The team members then catch up to Zanya.
"Kisaragi-san, I'm sending you the latest intel from HQ."
"Well done. Ho...... Extermination Demon Dragon, Belial."
"It is considered to be a monster with a fairly high amount of power even from among the other demon dragons."
"...... I got it. Thank you for the report."
After Zanya gave out his orders to the team, he then rode on his Buddy Police car.  And, the thought of chasing after an illegal monster reminds Zanya of a certain old friend.
"...... A demon, huh."
"Yes?"
"... It's nothing. I'm heading out now."
"Roger that."
When Zanya's car leaves the garage, the rain continues its downpour.