Safe Place (II)

(Stark's P.O.V.)

Me: Dad

Me: Dadddddddd

Me: DADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Iron Dad: What do you want now

I silently laugh, practically hearing the exasperation in his text.

Me: I have a question

Iron Dad: Ok???

Iron Dad: Are you going to ask it then?

I roll my eyes.

Me: Can I have dinner at Peter's tonight? He invited me over. Ned will be there too, and no, it isn't a freaking date before you start to tease me.

My dad takes his time replying, and I wait impatiently, tapping my foot against the ground. Finally, he responds.

Iron Dad: I don't think that's a good idea, (Y/n).

Iron Dad: I'd much rather you be home.

Me: Pleeeeeeeeaaassseeeee

Me: I promise that I'll be extra careful. Besides, it's just Peter's house. What's the worst that could happen? It's not like I've never been there before, and it's just dinner.

Iron Dad:.....

Iron Dad: Is his aunt home?

Me: Yeah....

Me:...How did you know that Peter lives with his aunt?

Iron Dad:...I'm sure you must have told me in one of your rambles about how wonderful and amazing Peter is

I narrow my eyes at the text.

Me: Haha so funny

Me: I don't recall ever bringing it up

Iron Dad: You must have. How else would I know?

I frown at his text, starting to think back to all the conversations I've had where I mentioned Peter. I couldn't remember ever mentioning that Peter lived with his aunt. I narrow my eyes more.

Me: Maybe you know from that secret shield file on him??

Me: Or maybe Happy told you since he's clearly driven Peter home many times before?

Me: Or maybe Peter himself brought it up to you while he was at his Stark Internship???

Iron Dad: Those are some pretty wild accusations

Me: They aren't that wild

Iron Dad: You can have dinner at Peter's as long as you are extremely careful and stay practically glued to his side.

Iron Dad: I take that back. I don't want you THAT close with any boy, but you understand what I mean. Don't go straying off into trouble. Text me when you get to his house, and when you are ready to be picked up.

I bite my lip, frowning. Of course I notice his obvious topic change, but I decide not to say anything, in case he decides to take it back and tell me that I can't go.

He knows Peter. I know that he knows Peter. I just can't figure out why. It's like it's all this big puzzle that I just can't seem to figure out. It's like I'm just missing one piece of the puzzle, and after I figure it out, the rest will all click into place.