12

He should have probably expected the fact that the Weasley's kindness and good graces would not last for very long. He was a Slytherin, and pureblood slytherin in the middle of a gryffindor household. Their ways of doing things were incredibly different and although they did have some similarities, that was only because certain Slytherin qualities required them. So, it was really only time in coming that they would loose their control, loose their head, and lash out. Though, the fact that it was Ron really spoke miles. The other had always been a loose canon and rather short tempered. Which made riling him up at school both hilarious and somewaht uncomfortable for him. Still, he had not really quite approved of the things that Ron had said, which was why he had gone back to the manor in the first place. It was bad enough even being in the warm atmosphere and discomforting overwhelming kindness that seemed to radiate through the entire abode, not to mention Draco had been feeling sick for the last two days. though he supposed it was probably from all that stupid gryffindor goodness that was being forced upon him that he was definitely not really used to. 

Still, being back here. At the manor, it held some sort of nostalgia. Though he had not a lot of good memories here, it was still his home. He had been raised here, lived here, his family had lived here the magic was pure and alive here. Something that calmed Draco as he took it all in. Took it back, the sights. How impressive the place was. Something that he had never really been able to appreciate before. Draco took a deep breath, walking about the manor gardens. He was so confused, lost and uncomfortable. He felt hot and feverish but Bobby had reassured him countless times that he was perfectly fine. He felt overwhelmed, and his emotions were so difficult to gather and they were hard to really interpret as well. He was angry, lost, confused, hurt and yet he truly had no reason to be, which annoyed him even further.

He did not know what was going on with him, but if Bobby said he was fine, he had to agree. Perhaps it was merely his mind playing tricks on him. It would not be the first time. Besides, his mental state was not exactly the best, and it truly had not been for a while now. His act was getting harder and harder to really play, and it was probably that reason that the Ministry had figured out what went on with him and his father. 

He sat down and leaned against a tree in the manors court yard. He took this time to really calm himself, to try and centre himself in a way that he had not been able to before. Dumbledore had said that this would be the best summer that he had ever had and yet it had turned out to be far from that, for though he had not been beat or physically harmed in any way, truly, he felt as though being shoved into such an unfamiliar place was just simply too much for him. 

Now, though, back in the manor, in the gardens, he was calm and happy, well, somewhat he supposed. He had never really had a chance to see a sunset out in the court. Normally he was passed out by then, or locked in his room. He had to admit it was quite beautiful. He never expected to be able to see one. He loved sunsets though. The sun slowly retreating from the sky, always to return the next morning. He enjoyed the midnight sky the most though. He was not sure why, perhaps there was something about the beauty of the stars and moon casting a glow about everything threat entranced him. 

He loved it. He sat calmly until he heard the alarm being triggered. Jumping up, he turned his body, twisting and apparating to the front gates, what was going on? Who was trying to get through the wards? More so, who is stupid enough to try and get through the wards? The Malfoy Manor is well known for the dark protection shields.
"Draco," He heard a soft and a calm voice. "Draco I know you are here I can feel you." Draco cursed. It was Fleur. The Veela who is together with Bill Weasley. He had seen her a few times, heard of her family, but he had never truly met her barring earlier that day.

"Draco open there gate." Fleur demanded. Draco rolled his eyes heavily at that.

"Why?" Draco asked, moving into the field of vision so Fleur could see him. "So you can drag me back to the Weasly home?" He hissed, eyes flaring in anger. 

"We are worried about you." Fluer attempted to lie.

"Ah, worry, that's a new one." Draco threw back.  Fleur was getting annoyed. The boy was stubborn. 

"Draco, Ronald has been thoroughly reprimanded for his actions."

"I appreciate your concern, Lady Fleur, I really do, but I am fine. Besides, is it not fitting that the Lord of Malfoy should live within the manor belonging to him?" Oh, he was clever, Fleur noticed, easily managing to twist words into portraying something that would normally cause others to back off, but she was not others. "I am fine, you may leave now. After all, it is late, and I am in need of rest after this long and quite dreadful day." Draco turned to leave and Fleur, not willing to give up quite yet, refused. 

"Draco Lucius Malfoy open these gates take down the protection shields and let me in right now!" She demanded. Draco, not quite understanding at the moment, instantly complied with the order given by the elder Veela. Fleur stared, unable to believe what she had just witnessed. What. The. Hell? Good instant obedience was it his nature coming through, or just the training of his father? He couldn't possibly be the one though. It was not possible. She had to.....

"Thank you," she settled for saying. "Now, take me to the manor sitting room. I wish to speak with you." Once more Draco obeyed, though with clenched teeth...How interesting