Take me instead

This deals with torture, psychosis, sort of, mental trauma, and all sorts of dark stuff.

If that's triggering, then don't read.

I literally had to take breaks while writing it cause it was so heavy.

Anyway, the team doesn't know about Peter, so that's why they took so long...

You'll see.

Enjoy, guys.

It does have a happy ending tho.

"Peter! Go!"

"No! Not without you!"

"You killed my family, Stark. You destroyed my life."

"What? I don't know what you're talking about."

"Maybe the boy will jog your memory."

"Wha- what are you- wait. Boy?"

"The brown haired one. His screams are entertaining."

"No-!"

"You'd do anything for him, wouldn't you?" Lilith purred. She sounded almost pitying.

She had left the unconscious teenager's side for now, moving over to where Tony was chained. Her fingertips ghosted across his jawline, and down over his chest, nails tapping in the metal of the arc reactor.

"What would a heartless murderer like you want with such a sweet little boy?" She cooed. "Such a sweet boy. I think I'll keep him for myself. I've always wanted a son." Her eyes darted to Peter's face. "And he would fit the bill quite nicely."

"Don't touch him," Tony bit out. "Don't you touch him." He jerked against the chains, grunting with effort, before falling still, eyes darting to Peter. "I don't care what you do to me, don't touch him."

It was at that moment that Peter stirred, a moan breaking the tense atmosphere. "M'ss'r S'ark?"

"I'm here, Pete," Tony said quickly. "We're gonna be okay."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that Stark!" Lilith sang.

"Don't touch him," Tony snarled. "Don't you lay a finger on my kid."

Her icy stare burned. "I want you to beg. I want you to beg, on your knees. Like I did, when I saw my family die."

He didn't hesitate, not when Peter's safety was on the line, and lifted himself to his knees. "Please," he said lowly. "Please. Don't hurt him."

"Aww. You said please." Her eyes were cold. "You'll have to offer something a bit better than that for my mercy."

"Don't!" Peter suddenly blurted. "Tony don't- I'll be fine- you can't-"

"Hush now," Lilith waved her hand, and with a flash of gold, a muzzle was covering Peter's mouth. "The adults are talking, sweetie."

"Don't you dare," Tony snarled. "Don't call him that."

She laughed delicately. "Oh how sweet. Almost acting like-" she gasped, covering her mouth, eyes filling with mirth. "A father!" Giggles trailed behind her as she skipped to Peter's side. "My sweet child. You love him, don't you?"

Tony's gaze darted to Peter again, eyes flashing with fear. "Don't touch him," he said again. "You can hurt me, as much as you want. It's me you hate, don't hurt him."