04|Beautiful Blondes

Sippin' on straight Chlorine•

Ah, everyone's favorite time of day: Lunch

Ah, everyone's favorite time of day: Lunch. With everyone's least favorite group of people: Beautiful Blondes.

"Okay, so I don't care. You can shut your pretty little mouth or you can kiss my fist."

So, I may have been a bit harsh but Delia has been nagging me all day. It's been a variety of insults this whole time. And I'm sick of it.

"We all know what you and Matt did."

"We all know what you and every guy in this school did." I challenge.

"I can admit it."

"I can't admit it if it's not true."

"So admit it." She waves her arms in the air while growing louder.

"Get out of my face." I scoff.

"Make me."

I turn around and shove her hard. She glares at me with a smirk. She shoves back, so I push her as hard as I can. Her heels slide out from under her feet and she hits the floor.

"Try me again." I spit.

I walk away as the tears form in her eyes.

"Screw you, Hills!"

{•~•}|•~•~•|{•~•}

I walk through the door to our small apartment, shutting and locking it behind me. I look around, trying to see if any kids are home. I don't see anything, but I hear someone shuffling in the back room.

"Windsor? Jonah?" I call out.

No reply comes. Odd.

"Answer me!" I yell.

No one says anything, but the shuffling continues. Without a moment of hesitation, I open the drawer by the pantry and pull out a knife. I slowly creep down the hall.

A light is on in mom's room, but I know that we didn't leave it on when we left this morning. I slam it open, pointing the knife towards the sound.

"Mom?"

She sits on the bed, her hands covering her face. Papers are scattered around the floor and two stacks of cash lay in a heap at the bottom of the mattress.

"What happened? Is everything okay?"

She looks up at me and I can see that she's been crying for sometime.

"Eve...you can't tell your siblings what I tell you. Okay?" She asks.

"Yeah...what's up?" I ask worriedly.

"You know about all of the accusations that we're flying around work right?"

I nod.

"My boss talked to the other people involved and they went against me. I got fired for things I didn't do." She sobs.

"Hey, hey...we'll work this out."