Measurements and Misinformation

One of the twins was talking but you weren't listening. Your mind was trying to connect all of the events that had happened this morning, and listening to incessant chatter was not its priority.

You were walking down another blue hallway, white marble floors passing underneath you. The twins were walking beside you, one of their arms linked with one of yours. You numbly glanced at both of them, but their faces only held smiles.

"But we won't have to worry about that for another week." You heard Connor finish as he looked to you for a reaction.

"Y-yes of course," You mumbled, detached from the conversation as you went back to the replaying events in your mind.

Aiden sighed, "She's not listening to us brother."

Connor looked over at your dazed expression and sighed as well. A sudden thought entered his mind and he quickly jutted out his foot causing you to trip.

You were brought back to reality as you slowly saw the floor coming closer to you. You went to put your arms out, but two people restricted both your arms and your fall.

Aiden tsked, "Careful there (Y/n). That could have been a terrible fall."

Connor looked at you in fake worry, "Are you feeling okay? Is it customary for people in the village to trip over nothing when in a new place?"

You felt your face grow hot in embarrassment and anger, but you held your tongue.

"Anyway, here we are." You heard Aiden say and you looked up to see the three of you in front of a door.

"Where is here?" You hesitantly asked as the boys let go of you to open the doors.

"Why the fitting room of course." Connor answered, "You do know that the job comes with a uniform."

Both boys smiled as horror crossed your face. Without waiting for your objection, they shoved you inside and closed the door behind you.

"Wait!" You yelled as you turned back to the door and began pulling on the handles.

"Dear (Y/n), why are you trying to leave?" You heard Aiden ask from the other side.

"Try to have fun," Connor stated, "And be a dear and give the seamstress the paper that's in your pocket."

"We'll be back for you soon!" Aiden called out, and then you heard two pairs of footsteps walking away.

You slowly felt the inside of your pocket and your hand encountered a small slip of paper.

When did he put this in here? You thought in horror and turned around to examine the room in front of you.

The room itself was big, but the lines of racks filled with different types of dresses made it appear small. You examined the rows and rows of dresses and concluded that in fact they were different styles and lengths of maid attire.

You cautiously took a step forward, clutching the slip of paper to your chest.

"Hello?" You called out as you continued forward. Suddenly, something grabbed your left shoulder and you whirled around, a scream escaping your lips.

Instead of a terrible monster, or the twins, you were met with a woman who looked to be about the same age as your mother. Her long purple hair fell down to her back and was kept together with a white ribbon. Her attire consisted of a light blue blouse and white leggings. Her brown eyes looked at you in worry before glancing down to the slip of paper you were holding onto for dear life.

"I'm sorry miss, I didn't mean to startle you. I'm assuming you're the new maid the princes have been talking about." A faint but tender voice asked.