24. escape plan

jungkook pulled taehyung out of the restaurant, abandoning their meals and into a sprint, both of his legs in a steady pace while taehyung's fluttered and skipped over the gravel roads.

"the walk here," taehyung panted. "w-was a lot less intense than this."

when they reached the cabin, jungkook let go of taehyung as the latter nervously listened to the police sirens ringing in the distance. jungkook unlockened the door and threw it open, quickly making his way to the bedroom and collecting his belongings, shoving them into his pockets and throwing his windbreaker to taehyung and slipping his surgical mask over his nose.

lastly, he picked up his gun and grabbed taehyung again, carrying him out into the neighbour's yard with a plan in mind.

they stood in front of the neighbour's car, a black sedan that was most likely unlocked. taehyung knew exactly what jungkook was thinking.

"but it's not your car," taehyung timidly reminded jungkook.

"well, we're not taking a taxi," jungkook said in disbelief.

sure enough, the keys were in the ignition. jungkook climbed in and gestured for taehyung to pick up the pace.

taehyung stood clutching the windbreaker while jungkook banged his head against the headrest impatiently, swearing something inaudible from the outside of the car. taehyung started to say something, but instead reluctantly walked around the car and got in beside jungkook.

jungkook gave him the side eye as they buckled their seatbelts and he revved the engine, pulling out of the driveway and onto the road, travelling the opposite direction of the police cars.

the small fishing town and cabin memories faded away behind them. jungkook was driving slowly as to not arise suspicion from the police car patrolling the area.

taehyung didn't feel like sightseeing. sitting in the passenger seat, he ran his tanned arms over his shirt sleeves, waiting for jungkook to say something as new anxious feelings flooded over him. taehyung wished he could hug him and at least rest his head on his chest again.

"we lost them," jungkook finally broke the silence watching in the rear view mirror as the police car turned around, slowly heading in the other direction.

taehyung leaned back in his seat and exhaled, still worried about the other male. "are you okay?" he said like he was testing those words.

"fine," jungkook said, switching gears and speeding up. taehyung knew that that was a lie, but instead of arguing, he sunk down and kept quiet.