Chapter 21

3rd Person POV -

"Angel, Darling?" Rebekah asks, walking back over to where she left Angel. Rebekah knew her brothers had told her to not let her out of her sight, but it was only for a couple of minutes. It wasn't like she left her alone completely, she was only a little bit away from her.

Looking around, Rebekah notices that Angel wasn't where she had left her. Maybe she had wandered off? After looking around for a couple of minutes, Rebekah had begun to panic. It's not like Angel could have gone far, the store wasn't that big and Angel wasn't really one to wander off.

Maybe she went to the bathroom, Rebekah thought to herself. She knew it was silly, but she was trying to stay hopeful. Taking a deep breath, Rebekah takes out her phone. Looking through her limited contacts she found Angels number, pressing the call button Rebekah waits for her to answer. Or her phone to ring at the least.

Listening, Rebekah hears a ring come from the backroom. Following the sound, Rebekah pushes open the door. Blinking her eyes to adjust to the light, Rebekah notices Angel's phone on the ground in the middle of the room.

Picking it up, Rebekha sees a small crack in the corner of the phone. Looking at it, Rebekah's worry spikes. Angel never went anywhere without her phone, she was always worried about getting lost somewhere.

Picking up her own phone again, Rebekah ends the ongoing call with Angel. Calling someone else instead, after only one ring they pick up.

"Rebekah?"

꧁꧁꧂꧂

"You did what?" Elijah yells, speeding over to Rebekah so he was standing right in front of her, leaving her no room to escape. Now, to most people, Elijah might seem calm. Nice even, but that was just one side of him. As soon as you mess with someone he loved, another side came out. A much darker side.

"Elijah, I swear. I only left her alone for a minute, two at most. I'm sorry, I'll do anything I can to help find her." Rebekah pleads, tears coming to her eyes. She had seen her brother angry before, sure. But this, she had never seen him this angry before. Not even close.

"Okay, Rebekah." Elijah says calmly, too calmly. Before Rebekah can say anything else, she feels a pain in her heart. Turning around, Rebekah sees Niklaus behind her an angry expression on his face.

"Apology not accepted, Sister." Niklaus says before Rebekah falls to the floor, a dagger in her chest.

꧁꧁꧂꧂

"Wake up!" An unknown voice yells, waking Angel from her slumber. Jumping, Angel springs her eyes open. Her memories coming back to her. Looking toward where the voice came from, Angel realizes she couldn't see who the voice belonged to. Although sounded strangely familiar she just couldn't place it.

"W-who are you?" Angel question, trying to keep her voice strong but utterly failing. Looking down, Angel realizes she was sitting in a simple chair, surprisingly not tied up. Taking a deep breath, Angel places her shaking hand over her stomach. She was sitting in a simple chair, surprisingly not tied up. She knew that if worse comes to worst, she had to protect the baby first.

"I'm surprised you don't recognize me." The unknown voice says, still staying in the darkness of the shadow. Looking closely, Angel tries to focus on the voice.

The more she thought about it, the more familiar it sounded. Listing through names in her head, Angel tried to think of anyone that would want to hurt her or the baby. Personally, she didn't think she had any enemies. She tried to be nice to everyone she met, she didn't like being mean or even slightly disrespectful to anyone.