underpaid and overworked

"Listen up, trainees, I will only say this once," the tough looking Auror grunted. "This isn't like the shit you did at Hogwarts, no more simple spells and practical jokes. This is the real world. And if you think for a moment that you can just pass through training without breaking a sweat, you're about to be proven painfully wrong."

The Auror furrowed her brows as she made eye contact with every trainee.

"What my partner means to say," chimed the other Auror, "is that this program will be very intense. To protect the wizarding world you must be willing to give it your all and realize that you will be put into dangerous situations."

This Auror was much nicer than her counterpart. She actually smiled at the trainees instead of trying to scare them away.

"And not the kind of danger you're used to," the first Auror clarified. "Not a hundred meter fall off of a broom. Dark curses and hexes thrown at you by the most vile scum that walks the earth. And traps and blood and pain. Prepare to see some bad shit."

"Meredith," the nice auror whispered furiously, "you promised to go easy for orientation."

The short woman frowned.

"Jill, this is easy," the first Auror whispered back.

"Mer," Jill gave the woman a stern look.

"Alright, fine," Meredith huffed with a roll of her eyes. "So everything I said is completely true. Training is hard, and not everyone is fit for the job. But were not throwing you to the dogs right off, but don't worry, that part will come eventually."

Jill gave a small smile.

"I guess that's as good as I could have hoped for," she joked. "Anyways, we are going to start with some aptitude tests, to see if you are really cut out for the Auror Program."

The group let out some groans and complaints.

"Oh, I know nobody likes exams, but I think it's best to get the boring stuff over with," Jill clapped her hands together. "Now if you will all follow me, we will begin testing!"

_______

"I'm almost positive that I just failed out of the Auror Program," Lee whined as she flopped onto Percy's bed.

"Now what makes you think that?" He asked, looking at her over his glasses.

"Well, we started off taking aptitude tests," Lee explained, "which I did not suffer through two years of NEWT level classes just to be tested again. The questions started off pretty easy, like common sense stuff, but then they got so hard. And there were things about morals in there too.

"And I tried my best, but I really think I messed it up," Lee rested her cheek on her hand a frown marring her face.

"Love, I'm sure you did brilliant," Percy tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. "If they don't see that you'll be the best Auror in the class then it's their loss."

"Easy for you to say," Lee mumbled. "You've got the unfair bias that comes with being my boyfriend."

"I suppose, but when have I ever lied?"

"I think you do lie, but you're just very good at it," Lee teased.

"I guess you'll never know."

Lee smacked his arm lightly.

"Ow," Percy yelped. "What was that for?"

"I guess you'll never know," Lee replied with a smirk.