CHAPTER FOUR

Beep

Beep. Beep, Beep, Beep-

The beeping was the first thing I heard upon waking.

Next was the overly clean smell of chemicals mixed with hand saniztor and medicine.

Ah, a hospital.

Trying to open my eyes, they were forced to shut once more upon seeing the brightness of the room. A small bearly autoable groan excepted my lips as I tried to bring my hand up to shield my eyes.

It was then I noticed how heavy both limbs were. There was an uncomfortable sensation in my left arm and my right hand. An IV?

After a few seconds of trying, I was finally able to open my eyes. The room was blurry as I looked around, but as time passed my vision cleared up and I was finally able to grasp my surroundings properly.

I was in fact in a hospital bed. Two IV was connected to me and my right leg was in a cast raised slightly higher than the rest of my body on a pillow.

Sitting up would be useless, I already knew from the aching I felt in my chest and abdomen area. Sighing, I flopped my head back down on the pillow.

I felt confused, last I remembered was heading home so how did I end up here?

Hearing the door open, I looked over to see who it was, hoping to get some answers. Since the nurse was too busy checking the clipboard, I decided to call out to her. Opening my mouth, it was only then did I notice how dry my throat was. I tried to speak up but nothing came out.

After a few moments of struggling, I managed to make a sound, it was low but thankfully the nurse heard it. She quickly looked up from the vitals to me before looking back at the machines and then back to me again before gasping, "Oh my, you're awake. You poor thing, they found you laying on the pavement beaten and bloody. Whoever did this to you was way too cruel, but judging by the fading scars and marks on your body this isn't the first time, is it?" Reaching over, she sat down the clipboard before grabbing my right hand in her own her eyes full of worry making me confused.

Why would this woman worry so much about a stranger like me?

As if reading my mind, she let go of my hand before laughing softly, "Oh, I apologize it's just I have a son around your age. I guess impinging him in your position lit up my motherly insects. Oh but they found one right around the block from Jackson High, is that your school? If it is maybe you know my son, he's such a nice boy I bet you've talked to him at least once. Oh, I'm rambling, I should stop. Anyway, I should go get you some water, I bet you're thirsty." Nodding my head, I watched her walk out of the room before returning a few minutes later with a cup of water and two small containers. "I bought some water, orange juice, and some apple juice, we also have some grape and cranberry juice as well."

Sitting the drinks on the side table, I asked me which one I wanted. Pointing at the water she handed the full cup to me which I immediately chugged down, the cold liquid making my teeth and the back of my throat sting a bit but doing its job. Finishing the cup, I wiped my mouth before thanking the woman.

"No problem," Smiling at me she walked around the bed and checked my cast. "Are you comfortable?" A nod was the response I gave her. Nodding her head, the black-haired woman checked the rest of the wires and stuff on me and wrote some stuff down before walking back over to the door. Opening it, the woman paused before turning around, "Oh, I forgot to mention. I contacted your parents, they should be here soon. Gosh, they must be so worried! Once they come the doctor will update you and your parents on your condition. If you need me there's a button right there on the side of your bed. Beep me anytime!" And with that she left, leaving me in a numb state of panic.

All I can think of were my parents' words echoing in my head.

"No medication."

"No police."

"No snitching."

"And absolutely no hospitals."

Clenching my fist, I remember the conversation my mother had with me about hospitals.

"They're expensive, and we have no money to waste on you. Plus if the hospital sees the bruises they will contact the authorities, and if that happens well have no choice but to punish you. Understood?"

My parents hated doing a lot of things for me, but they still do them because they are mandatory.

My education, mandatory in this state.

Feeding me, mandatory.

Housing me, not quite mandatory but they couldn't bear losing their personalized stress reliever.

However, they despised spending unnecessary money on me. So when they arrived and talked to the doctor with such worried masks on I already knew what will happen. When they heard the price for my treatment, I could read their body language all too clear. When the doctor left and they turned to me which such dark expressions, I already knew how this will end.

They're gonna kill me. 

***

Such a short chapter but heres something. 

Also I made a Kpop fan account if anyone is interested. It's on instagram, @/skzdeli is that name of the count. NGL I stole the name from Mikala. 

~Deliliah