Chapter Seven: You Look Beautiful Tonight.

Harley

I tugged at the ends of my bottle-green, sleeveless velvet dress, as I stood outside with my jacket on in the chilly evening, waiting for Samantha Winston to show up in some expensive car.

This dress was way too short for my liking-- it ended mid-thighs-- but my Mom insisted. And nobody gets past her persuasive skills.

Ever.

I had decided to wear some tights but then decided against it. I came to the conclusion that it would be much easier for me to remove the dress after the one dance I promised her. I even had a duffel bag with me, jeans and a t-shirt inside.

My hair was braided and decorated with small, sparkling white, star-shaped pins. My Mom had done some light makeup on me, and she's way better than me at that stuff, so I definitely didn't look bad. I kept telling her that it's just one dance but she wouldn't listen.

Wyatt must already be there with his girlfriend. He freaked out when I told him I was going with Samantha. Actually, he was more surprised that I was actually going this time, considering how much I hate dances. When I told him my date was Samantha, he just gave me this smug, knowing look that annoyed the crap out of me.

I was getting bored waiting when suddenly, a black BMW X5 showed up in front of my house. My Mom had decided to go to her office and finish up some pending work so she won't be witnessing the beauty of Samantha tonight.

Only I will.

My eyes widened as she got out of the car and walked towards me. They roamed her outfit. She looked fucking incredible. Admittedly, I might be biased when I say that because she was in all black and that is an attractive factor for me.

At the sight of me, she smiled and let out a whistle.

"Look at you! You look amazing!" she chuckled, white clouds forming around her mouth as she spoke.

I scoffed. "Say that to the mirror, Sam. I'm not the hot one tonight."

She blushed at that and gestured to her car.

"Let's go."

We drove in silence. I felt her staring at me at times, but then again, I was doing the same.

The school building was surrounded by cars and bikes. We got out after I dropped my duffel bag in the back seat and made our way in. People stopped and stared as we made our way to the dance. Sam kept smiling and waving hello at them all while I kept silent and ignored them.

At least she doesn't look down on them like other girls do.

"Wow, you're grumpy," she remarked as we walked past the open gym doors, into the dimly lit school gymnasium, with small lights decorating the walls and ceiling, glow-in-the-dark lanterns decorating the tables and walls. Couples were on the dance floor as a slow song played.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath

But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

Perfect, I thought to myself. Literally and situationally.

Sam looked over at me suggestively, a wide grin plastered across her glowing face. I let out an exasperated sigh and said, "One dance. That's all you get. This one till it ends and another one and then I'm going home, got it?"