Lenny Summers: Confession

Lenny Summers X Female Reader

Summary: You go with Lenny to rob a stagecoach and get shot. While you're on the brink of death, Lenny confesses a few things to you.

Word Count: 2500

Lenny was sitting at a table in side the large house of Shady Belle, a book and a map lay on the table in front of him while he cleaned his gun. You smiled as you walked over to him, pushing the book and map along the table before sitting on top of the surface, looking down at Lenny.

"Hey Lenny, what you doing?" you asked, smiling down at him.

"Nothing" Lenny shrugged as he focused on cleaning his gun. You just rolled your eyes and shook your head, you didn't believe him for a second. You had been best friends since you both joined the camp, you knew when he wasn't telling you something.

"Hm...I don't believe you. It's looks like you're doing something to me" you hummed, glancing over at the map, noticing that he had drawn a little 'X' on it.

"Just a little robbery, alright, nothing serious" he told you with a sigh, he should have known that he couldn't get away with not telling you.

"Sounds interesting, what are you robbing?" you asked, continuing to dig into his little plan.

"A stage...there's a stage coming through. According to the feller I met, it'll have a bunch of money aboard and no security whatsoever as it come up the river trail between here and Catfish Jacksons" Lenny explained as he placed his gun down, picking up the map and pointing to the little 'X', showing you where the stagecoach should be passing.

"Great, sounds like a plan! Who are you taking with you?" you asked with a little smirk, he had to take you right?

"I don't know...I thought I'd do it on my own. It'll be unprotected. Won't be a huge take but I should make out okay" he shrugged, placing the map back down.

"Not going to happen, I'm not letting you do this on your own" you shook your head and crossed your arms. You wouldn't mind if he went with somebody else but you didn't want him getting into trouble that he can't save himself from, you wouldn't risk losing him like that.

"I don't need hand holding" Lenny huffed, a little frustrated that you didn't think he could handle it on his own.

"I never said you did but I want to go with you" you shrugged, you weren't going to drop this and he knew it.

"No you don't, you want to make sure that I don't get hurt" he pointed at you accusingly.

"Yes, what a truly awful person I am" you said sarcastically with a small eye roll. "Come on, Lenny. We've done stuff like this together before, you know you want me to come along" you held your arms out to your sides, trying to remind him what a good partner you are.

"How can I say 'no' to you?" Lenny sighed as he gave in, a fond smile forming on his face.

"You can't" you beamed at him, feeling very successful.

"Alright, let's get going then. It should be on its way now" Lenny told you as he stood from his chair and grabbed his gun. You smiled before hopping down from the table and grabbing your own gun.

You walked by Lenny's side as you left the old house and over to your horses, mounting them before riding away from the camp. The pair of you rode up to the spot that was marked on Lenny's map before dismounted your horses. You and Lenny readied your guns and took cover behind some rocks, just waiting for the stagecoach.

"There it is...and I don't see no escorts, neither. This should be a cakewalk" Lenny spoke, pointing over at the approaching stagecoach.

"Alright, I'm taking your word for it" you nodded, Lenny has never given you any reason to not believe him.