三十

30 - i'm glad

"Ha! How can a little girl like you beat me!?"

The demon started to laugh loudly, his nasty laughs piercing through the Blossom Pillar's ears, irritating her even more.

I want to kill him so bad.

She gritted her teeth, bringing back her attention to the man on her hold, barely keeping him from moving.

How can I snap him out of it?

From the look of it, that demon doesn't looked like it want to fight me. It seems more like... He wants me to fight Giyū...?

He wants me to finish my own comrade, huh?

Dammit! I still don't know how long the technique last.

And if it last any longer... Giyū will obviously suffer later... For doing things that would pain him...

Beating the demon first would be ideal... But with him being a Middle Moon, it's safe to assume that he will be hard to beat. And there's Giyū too, his speed in on par with me, if not better. There's no way I can beat the demon with him attacking me. ...That leave me with the option to wait for Giyū to come to his sense... But what if when he does, the demon use his technique again? Wait.

Why didn't him use the technique on me?

Could it be because of my...

She gulped her saliva, contemplating whether to do it or not.

Hear me, Chihiro. If you fail, you will fall unconscious, for God knows how long. This is such a dangerous technique, and only do it when you don't have any other option, okay?

She stance herself, readying herself.

So, this technique allowed you to channel your spiritual energy towards your target. It is one of the older technique to exorcise evil spirits that possessed the target. First, do anything that would make the target lose their focus. You can do anything, kick them, slap them, scream on their ear, anything.

In an instant, she let go of Giyū's arms, spun around to the side as she put both of her katanas back on their sheathes.

When she did so, Giyū, who finally released from her hold, attack her.

Already anticipating his moves and speed, she let him to slice her shoulder, hissing from the sharp blade's contact, which sliced both her black uniform and skin.

Using his attack as distraction, she brought her hands to the back, grabbing both her fans.

Next, use your fans as the media between you and them. That's the only thing you need.

Please don't do anything reckless, my beloved daughter.

Blocking the incoming attack with her fans, she let go of one of her fans, grabbing the blue blade with her bare hand. She ignored the pain and the blood overflowing from her hand, pulling it to her direction along with the wielder.

Throwing away all her hesitation, she slammed her pink, soft lips to his.

Feeling him distracted a bit, she use this chance to put her fan on his head.

She closed her eyes, tears on the corner of her eyes. The pain on her hand started to become unbearable as the blade went further to her hand.

Drip.

Feeling the pain on her hand subsided a bit, so was the feel of his warm lips on hers, making her opened her eyes slowly.

"I'm sorry for making you fight alone, Chihiro."

In front of her was the usual, ol' stoic Giyū. But, this time, his eyes no longer containing the agony that usually clouded his beautiful deep ocean-coloured orbs.

"Thank you."

A smile, genuine and warm, made its way to the stiff man, as tears flowed down his eyes.

Overwhelmed by her own emotions, she scrunched her face, the tears also flow freely down her cheeks. Her cheeks turned pink.

She throw her body on him, pulling him for a hug. "Giyū! I'm so glad you finally snap out of it!"

The said man put his hands on her back, pulling her closer. Noticing how her body trembled greatly, he rub her back gently, hoping it would ease her up somehow.

"I'm really afraid... I'm afraid, what if I have no choice but to fight you... I don't want to hurt you, not anymore..."

Do you know what Chihiro feel?

He closed his eyes, letting what his peach haired best friend asked him, to eventually settled on him.

Once his eyes opened, he noticed her shoulder, and hand, which was covered in her own blood, slowly dripping to the ground.

Noticing his stare, she panicked a little, quickly bringing her hand to the back.

"It's not your fault, okay? This is... better than having you hurt."

Something felt like squeezing his heart.

All this time, she have been hurting by herself.

He washed away all his hesitation, the image of Sabito appeared briefly on his mind. He tightened his grip on his katana.

"Chihiro."

Staring straight to her violet orbs, he put his unoccupied hand over her uninjured shoulder. The woman stared back at the taller man.

"After this is over, let's talk."

Never expected that the words will leave the Water Pillar's mouth, her lips opened slightly, quite surprised. Decided to hear later his reason, she smiled a close-eyed smile at him.

"Sure. I want to talk about something too. But, for now..."

Simultaneously, they both turned their body to the same direction, facing the supposedly MiddleMoon while standing side by side.

Chihiro put back her fans to her back pockets, pulling her katanas back out in the process.

Putting aside their plan for later, they readied themselves, putting on a stance. Sharpening their senses, they used this opportunity to breathe calmly, letting the oxygen to fill their lungs.

"Yeah."

"We have to deal with him first."

———— ❁ ✿ ❁ ————