I'm Sorry, I Love You (Hyewon x Reader)

Genre: Angst and fluff

Y/n's POV

It's the day of the year again... Valentine's Day... Gosh, I hate Valentine's Day so much!!! All those lovey-dovey couples being clingy with each other...

Urghhh seriously? In front of my f**king salad? Everywhere I go, I see couples everywhere. I was walking to my friend's place when I accidentally bumped into somebody. We both fell.

"I'm sorry. I'm very sorry. I'm-" I apologized and lift my head until I saw a familiar face... It's... It's Hyewon. You must be thinking how do I know her. Well, flashback time...

Flashback

It's the last day of school. After that, I planned to go to an audition for acting. I'm proud that I finished school perfectly. I walked to the school and went straight to class.

Usually, I'll go to other classes first to hang out with my friends but since it's the last day, I decided to cherish this class for the last time. I was bored so I wrote song lyrics but then someone tapped my shoulder. It's my beautiful girlfriend, Kang Hyewon.

"What are you doing, babe?" She asked smiling widely.

"I'm bored so I just make song lyrics." I replied.

"Wuuuu can I hear what it sounds like?" She said.

"I'm embarrassed. I can't." I said.

"It's only between you and me, babe. Don't worry😉." She said winking at me. I was flustered by her action and I decided to do it anyway. I sang and then I waited nervously for her answer.

"That was... wonderful!!!" She said. I sighed with relief.

"I'm glad to hear that. Oh, thank goodness I was so nervous." I said breathing heavily.

"You're so cute!😂" She chuckled and made me blush.

"Wait here. I'm gonna go to Yena's class to brag about it." She said.

"No, please no! Please no it's embarrassing." I begged her to not tell Yena.

"Alright, alright. Since you're so adorable I won't tell her." She said.

"I'm going there now. See you later, babe. I love you." She said and was about to leave.

"See you later too, babe. I love you more." I said while giving a flying kiss to her. That was cringy but hey, we're fine with it.

It's been quite a while since she went there. I wonder what took her so long there. I was about to go to the bathroom when I heard a loud noise coming from...Yena's class?

I go check on it and saw... I saw a sight that I never want to see in my life. Hyewon... She... She kissed Jungwoo... I noticed Yena looking at me and trying to chase me but I ran away as fast as I could to the class. I grab my bag and get out of the school.

End of flashback

I get up and quickly walk away from her. Then, she suddenly shouted my name and made me stop walking.

"Y/n!!!" She shouted. I'm not surprised she's calling me by my name and not by the cringy disgusting nickname. I could hear her footsteps getting closer.

"Y/n..." I could hear her voice is trembling as if she's about to cry. I turned around and yes... Her eyes are so teary.
"What do you want? Do you want me to get back to you? Don't even think about it. Go back to Jungwoo." I said coldly.

"Please hear me Y/n... Hear my explanations..." She said.

"Explanations? I don't need to hear that. You betrayed me... Hyewon... You f**king betrayed me... You said you love me but you kissed someone else..." I said. My voice starts trembling and my eyes are teary.

"It's just a whole bunch of misunderstanding..." She said.

"Misunderstanding? Bullsh*t!" I said.

"I'm guessing that one isn't enough for you and you want two? You're such a b*tch, Kang Hyewon you know that? You're a f**king-" As I was talking, I was slapped by her.

"What did you say? What did you say to me? A b*tch? A f**king b*tch? Do you know how hurt I was when you left without a word? Do you even know that I almost kill myself because of you? No, you didn't. Because you're a coward. You're freaking coward!" She said.

"I'm not a f**king coward!!!" I said.

"Then why did you run? Why did you run from me instead of going inside the class and ask for explanations?" She said.

"Because I... I was... I was deeply hurt watching someone I love kissing someone else's lips... I can't take that... I don't dare to do that..." I said.

"But at least find me afterward. You just left like nothing. I tried to call-" I cut her off.

"I destroyed that phone and bought a new one so that...you won't be able to call me." I said.

 An awkward silence fills up the atmosphere...

"But please Y/n... Hear me out..." She said.

"Alright fine... Explain everything..." I said.

"Ok... So after I went out of our class I went to Yena's class. I was talking about our relationship and... I'm sorry." She said which made me confused.

"I told her about the song lyrics and you sang it for me." She said and I'm not surprised. I just make an expressionless face because I'm not in a mood to give those types of reactions.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry. But then as I was about to go out, Jungwoo- I mean that douchebag and his stupid gangs stopped me and he "sweet-talking" to me. I'm about to throw up from his words but then... He pulled me for a kiss... I struggled to get out and break that kiss but he was just too strong. I felt very disgusted with his action and slapped him afterward. I slapped him on both cheeks. I kicked his groin and ran out of the class. Then I saw Yena standing there... And saw you running away." She said and there's a moment of silence between us.

"Every day and night I can't stop thinking about you and tried to search for you. I can't help but be worried every time. Even when I was sick I tried to search for you. But then I coincidentally met you here... I'm glad to see you but you ignored me..." She continued and I cried.

"Y/n... Can we go back to what we were? Please... I'm begging you... I truly love you Y/n..." She said.

"But I had been such a jerk to you... I ignored you, never looked for you, and hurt you. I don't deserve you Hyewon-ah..." I said but then she walk towards me and hold my hands.

"It's okay Y/n... It's okay... I had always forgiven you..." She said and I feel a little bit touched by her words.

"So what do you say?" She asked.

"Let's restart and go back all over again." I replied and she nodded.

"I'm Kang Hyewon. Nice to meet you." She said as she reach out her hand.

"I'm Y/n. Nice to meet you too." I said and shake her hands.

"I'm sorry, I love you." I said

"I'm sorry and I love you too." She said and I land my lips on her soft plump lips.

After that, we both walk together and I'm glad that we have settled all the misunderstandings. Finally, the truth has been revealed after 3 years. I'm sorry I was a coward and I truly love you with all my heart, Kang Hyewon...

Such a cringy and cliche type of ending... Well see y'all next time!🙌🙌🙌