1. Crib

*Hi! Thanks for choosing this book to read, I'm truly honored you decided to sacrifice your time for something I wrote. 

*If you have a feeling you have read it before, give it a chance anyway - many people started to copy my book, especially the beginning, and I lost control over it. At the same time, please don't be one of them. Let's respect each other, I spent a lot of time to create my characters and their personalities, the dialogues, and different scenes as well as the whole plot itself. Please, don't steal it from me as many authors have before. 

*I'm not a native English speaker. The original version of this book is written in Polish and I am afraid my writing skills in both these languages can't be compared. I hope the mistakes won't put you off. I've gained a lot of experience since the beginning of my adventure with translations, so the latest chapters are written much, much better. On top of that, I'd like to edit this book for you but it's really time-consuming so I don't know when it happens. 

*This is not an incest story. 

*Have a nice reading!

______________________________________________

Earlier that day, my beloved grandma fainted. My mom took her to the hospital and I stayed home alone. When they were coming back, relieved, that the doctors didn't find anything serious, a car hit them. Drunk driver. No one survived.

I opened the door to the police officers. Social workers came as well. The pain I felt at the moment should never accompany to anyone. And certainly not to a fourteen-year-old girl. I lost my mother and grandmother, my closest relatives, my only family. I was sure I'd go to the foster care, that I'd move to different orphanages, like all the orphans I knew from movies and books. Instead, I heard something that changed my life even more.

Vincent Monet will be my new legal guardian. For a moment I thought he was my father, a biological father I knew nothing about. It turned out that he was my half brother. Brother. I had a brother. Raised all my life as an only child, I now found out that I have an older brother. Who agreed to be my guardian.

When I was on the plane, I was a step away from starting a new life. I already knew more. I knew that I have more brothers. Five, to be exact. They were all older. Before, I hadn't had much contact with older males in my life. Raised without a father, I didn't even have any uncles. The only men I knew and whom I saw quite regularly were several teachers at school, my doctor, and a neighbor who pretended not to see me stealing cherries from his garden.

The plane landed and the travel lasted much shorter than I'd have liked. I began to tremble nervously and a woman who was sitting next to me gave me a reassuring smile, thinking that it was the result of fear of flying. A moment later, I stood in the middle of the terminal with a large suitcase at my side. What's next?

At the same time, my phone buzzed. I got a message from an unknown number, "I'm waiting at Costa." I looked around for a familiar café, and my heart was pounding as if it was about to jump out of my chest.

The man must have noticed me first because when I saw him he was already staring at me. He was tall, well-built, had slightly longer dark-blond hair, blue eyes, and was smiling pleasantly at me. I immediately blushed and headed toward him. I didn't expect my brother to look like a freaking model. In addition, designer clothes, selected with taste and an impressive watch on his wrist revealed his financial status, even for a person like me, who had no idea about fashion and labels.

"Good to see you, Hailie,"  he greeted me and hugged me. I was surprised, but I couldn't say I didn't like it. Nobody hugged me since my mother and grandmother died. In addition, he smelled nice. "I'm Will."